Chapter 1

Suga's POV

I hummed softly, my coffee in my hands and my scarf around my neck. It was rather chilly, but otherwise a perfect autumn day. I checked my watch before gasping. I had to hurry or I would be late to get the kids from the bus. The wind blew my scarf a bit loose as I ran, covering my vision for a split second and I crashed into someone. After removing the scarf from over my eyes, I profusely apologized when I saw a man knocked on the ground with me, my coffee spilled on his shirt.

"A-ah!! I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going! I can pay for your shirt dry cleaning if you-"

"Hey it's alright." The man's voice sounded gently. I stopped trying to dry the coffee from his shirt with my scarf to look up at him. He had a warm smile on his face, making me blush and stand up. I began to apologize again before remembering why I was running.

"Oh no I'm gonna be late-! Once again I'm so sorry! Here, take this as an apology!" I semi-shouted, shoving my scarf at him and darting off to go pick the kids up.

Once finally at the bus stop, I saw the kids patiently waiting with the bus driver who would always stay with the kids till I arrived, since almost all of them were under 6 years old. I mumbled a million apologies for being late before grabbing the long strap I would carry for the kids to hold onto so they would stay in a line behind me. Once they all had a hold on the cloth strap, I smiled and lead them towards the school a few blocks down the road.

The kids behind me talked and bounced around, waiting to cross the street. Being a (mostly) professional daycare teacher, I took the opportunity to tell the kids about the rules of crossing the street such as holding hands and looking both ways. Once we heard a whistle, I walked into the street before staring. The man I crashed into earlier was standing there in a uniform with the words "Crossing Guard" on his back. He glanced at me while directing traffic before smiling, his whistle  placed perfectly between his lips. Something about the way he looked at me made me blush as I lead the kids safely to the building right across the street. 

Time Skip to Recess

The kid's ran around screaming and playing while I sat silently with another daycare assistant.

"So, I heard you spilled coffee on someone this morning?" 

I looked over at Takeda, surprised he knew about the accident

"How did you know??" 

"I know the guy you ran into. He works around here too. He told me you were the reason he was a bit late, since he had to run home and change!" Takeda said with a laugh. I flushed with embarrassment before smiling slightly.

"Ah.. I feel bad I made him late.. I'll figure a way to make it up to him later." I said softly, Takeda giving me a funny grin before we heard crying. We both shot up and ran over, seeing Hinata on the concrete with a scraped knee and Kageyama sitting with him. Takeda started asking what happened while I picked Hinata up and took him inside to bandage up the knee. 

Hinata cried the whole time, especially when washing the scrape with an alcohol wipe, but once he was patched up, he was back to the little ball of sunshine he always is.

At the end of the day, I waited till all the kids were picked up by their parents before packing up and walking home. Stepping outside, I saw the same crossing guard from this morning directing after-school traffic. Maybe it was weird, but I couldn't help but stare and watch as he worked. Once it was my turn, along with the others around me, to cross the street, I walked right up by the crossing guard before smiling slightly and handing him a paper.

He gave me a rather confused look before glancing at the paper. A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips before he safely tucked the paper into his pocket and went back to directing traffic.