Chapter 27

Couple weeks time skip: Sugawara's POV

Where was Takeda? His class is here but I don't see him. I'd go search for him, but I can't leave these kids alone outside. Well, I'm sure he'll show up soon enough. 

"Suga! Sorry, I brought the kids out here but then had something to attend to..!" Takeda said as he rushed over and sat down with me. I smiled at him, grinning slightly when I saw hickies hiding underneath his shirt collar.

"It's okay, no issue. What were you busy with?"

"Uhhh, had to call someone's parents..."

"Mm, I see." I said, Takeda blushing. He probably knew that I knew exactly what he was 'busy' doing. But I wasn't going to tease him to much.

"S-so, how have things been with you and Daichi?"

"Good. Remember those two kids I told you about?"

"Mhm, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, right?"

"Yeah, them. Tsukishima's been working full time at Daichi's department for weeks now. Saved up all his money and actually found a little apartment."

"Wow, thats great! Have they moved into it?"

"Yeah, we helped them over the weekend. It'll work until they have more money, but with both of them turning 18 so soon, they need their own privacy... I've walked in on them doing questionable things one to many times.." I mumbled, Takeda laughing and patting my shoulder. Still giggling before composing himself.

"Sounds like horny teenage boys. How has Daichi been? I've tried calling or texting him but he always seems busy?"

"Oh, yeah. He has been, and I'm not sure why. I mean I know its for work, he has a huge case he's working on. And he can't tell me what it is, but it really is keeping him busy as heck. He's rarely home."

"Well, I'm sure things will go back to normal soon." Takeda said, making me sigh. I sure hoped so. With Daichi gone all the time, things went back to feeling lonely. And with the two teenagers out it made it feel lonelier since they were always making noise. Whatever, I pushed the thought aside and went back to watching the kids.

After the school day was over and I made sure all the kids were with their parents safely, I packed up and left. Hearing in one of the locked classrooms some whines. Seriously... please... get another room Takeda. I thought to myself with a grin, not wanting to disturb him and Ukai so I quickly made my way to my car.

Mini time skip

Me: Daichi, are you staying late tonight..?

Daichi: Yeah I am. I'm so sorry baby, but this is important. And we're almost there, almost done

Me: I don't mind, your work is important. I just miss you

Daichi: I miss you too. I promise once this is all over, I'll make it up to you

Me: You don't have to make it up to me..! Though, not like I'm stopping you

Daichi: Then I'm making it up to you. I've got to go, I'll see you later

I smiled to myself, setting my phone aside and flopping back in bed. I wasn't really hungry, and if Daichi wasn't going to be here. Then I wasn't going to make any dinner. So I just curled up and fell asleep.

Daichi's POV

I was clumsy unlocking the front door with one arm, finally getting it. I would've rang the doorbell but it was like 3 am and I didn't want to wake up Suga with the noise of a doorbell. Once I got inside, I slipped my shoes off and shut the door.

I quietly walked up the stairs and into our room, shifting so one knee was on the bed. Reaching my arm down and gently shaking Suga awake with a little bit of urgency. It took a moment but Suga groaned and rolled onto his side. Looking up at me half asleep. Staring and letting his eyes adjust to the dark before practically shooting up.

"Oh my god... HONEY???" He said, grabbing the little girl from my arm. I turned on our lamp, Suga blinking a few times but then started to tear up while holding the girl. Rocking her back and forth before cupping her cheeks and talking while doing his best to not sob.

"What happened to you...??" He asked, but she didn't say anything. Just avoiding looking at either of us.

"She hasn't said anything since I found her. I'll brief you on it later.." I said quietly, Suga nodding and pulling her head to his chest. Running his fingers through her hair.

"Alright.. its okay babygirl... You're safe here. Come on, let's get you cleaned up." He said, climbing out of bed and going straight to our bathroom. I sighed, changing quietly while Suga was occupied. Damn did my arm hurt. A lot happened over the past week or so, and I didn't want to worry Suga about any of it. But not like I could hide it either.

I changed with a little trouble, but got it eventually. Lying in bed exhaustedly. Dozing off until I heard Suga walk back out. Honey wearing on of his shirts and fast asleep on him. Suga didn't dare let go of Honey, like she was going to disappear again if he did.

"Daichi.. what happened?"

"The family she was adopted out to was part of a child trafficking ring. Only reason they found out was because they managed to mess up and file for a second adoption with faulty papers after they took Honey." Suga looked like he was going to pass out. Holding Honey tighter. He just simply nodded, scooting into my arms when I extended them to him. 

"What.. what happens now..?"

"Tomorrow, we don't rest until we sign those papers saying she's ours."