Chapter 12

A few days after Christmas: Daichi's POV
Me: Are you sure you want to baby?

Suga: Yeah, who knows when the next time your family will be in town

Me: Alright. Well, I'll be by to pick you up in about an hour

Suga: Okay, I'll see you then

I sighed, changing in my bedroom. Suga must really want to meet my family before they leave town. Which is great, I want him to as well, but he seems so nervous when it comes to telling people about us. I didn't want him to be pushing himself or something for me, but if he really wants to, at least I know my family will like him.

Time skip
"Hi Daichi. Do I look alright???"

"You look perfect. Now come on you two, in the car." I said, getting out of the car to help Suga buckle in the little one. After we were set, I drove to the hotel that my family was staying in. Suga kept fiddling with his coat zipper the entire drive there, and still once we arrived.

"You sure you wanna go in? I can always tell them you had something else come up, they'd understand."

"No, I wanna meet them and, we can't keep things a secret forever. I'm fine, don't worry about me..!" He said, giving me a small smile before unbuckling and climbing out of the car. I sighed, turning the engine off and walking with the two into the hotel. The check-in desk told me which room my family was in, and after a short elevator ride up, we found the room. I knocked, waiting a few moments when the door swung open and my mom greeted me.

"Daichi! You're here! You must be Sugawara." My mom said quickly with a bright smile, extending her hand out to Suga who shyly shook her hand. She quickly welcomed us all in, my dad waving hello and my younger brother and sister making their way over. Suga held onto the little girl tightly, looking a bit nervous but he still smiled and said hello to each of them.

"Mom, dad, this is Suga."

"We were wondering when you two would be over. We're glad we get to meet you before we leave Japan, Suga." My dad said politely, Suga smiling and nodding his head in agreement. My brother and sister didn't seem supremely interested, so they stayed pretty quiet and in the corner and gave occasional polite small talk. We spent a while talking, Suga and I sitting on the low couch in the room while my parents sat in a few chairs they had pulled from the table in the other room. Suga seemed to look a lot more comfortable as time went on, answering their questions and engaging in some conversations about work or how he got into fostering kids. My parents excused themselves for a moment to answer a call they both received from their work and went into another room to answer, Suga letting out a breath.

"You doing okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Your parents are really nice. And I am having a nice time." Suga reassured me with a smile. I smiled slightly, putting my arm around him and kissing his temple. I could tell he was getting tired though. After my parents came back, we stayed a little longer before I excused us. Both my parents promised to visit again soon, giving Suga a hug before we left.

Sugawara's POV
"So, you had a good time Suga?"

"I promise Daichi, I did enjoy myself. Your parents seem great and your brother and sister seem nice." I reassured my boyfriend. He nodded, kissing my cheek while dropping me and the little one off.

"Um. Daichi.. you know, my parents want me to come over to this New Year party or whatever they're having.. and I was wondering, if you'd go with me?"

"Hm? Of course I'd go with you. But are you sure you want your parents to know right now?"

"No, but, I don't wanna be there alone." I mumbled, Daichi smiling faintly and giving me a reassuring nod. He promised that he would be there, waving goodbye and leaving. I sighed as I watched his car go, hurrying myself and the kid inside where it was a lot warmer. Well.. I guess that at least I had a week or so to think about how to tell my parents...