Chapter 9

Time skip to 1 week before Christmas: Sugawara's POV

"When is daddy coming over."

"He said he'd be here soon, you gotta be patient. There's a lot of snow outside, so he may be a little late." The little girl, who still has refused to tell me her name, has come to calling me and Daichi her father's. Sometimes I wondered if I should tell her that we aren't. After all, I didn't want to hurt her or anything. But at the same time... I was reaching out to the agency I was working for. I was really considering adopting this little girl. I always grew attached to the kids I would foster, but something about this little girl was special to me, and Daichi..

"I see daddy's car outside!" The girl said excitedly, her little face mushed against the window. I smiled slightly, moving her away and opening the door. Laughing as I watched Daichi trudge his way through the snow to the door. Once he was inside, I quickly shut the door and helped Daichi shed his coat, scarf and boots off. He shivered and shook his head that had some snowflakes decorating his dark brown hair.

"Hey baby. Where's the kid?"

"She went upstairs, she said she's getting a surprise for you." I said, Daichi nodding and rubbing his hands together. I giggled and held his hands, his skin cold against mine as I leaned up and kissed him gently.

"Come on and get warm before you get hypothermia." I said with a laugh, dragging my boyfriend to the couch where I had the fireplace going since it was unusually cold. Daichi decided to sit on the floor, letting out a breath as the fire started to help warm him up. I went and grabbed a blanket, draping it around his shoulders before sitting next to him. We talked for a little bit about his adventure over here when the little girl bolted at us and crashed into Daichi. Knocking him over onto his back. He laughed, holding her tightly.

"Hey careful, kiddo."

"I made you something!" She said, waving around a piece of paper. Daichi was careful to sit back up, the girl in his lap as he took the paper. I looked down and smiled at the drawing.

"Wow, that's really good."

"Thanks! Its me, you, and daddy." She explained, pointing to each of the people in the drawing as she named us. Daichi smiled and set the drawing down safely before kissing the top of the girl's head. He thanked her for the gift, her smiling before squealing in delight as Daichi playfully trapped her under the blanket. I watched the two wrestling around before getting up.

"Okay please do not hurt yourselves. Either of you want hot chocolate?" I asked, the girl popping her head out from the blanket and raising her hand. Daichi smiling faintly, mimicking her and doing the same. I laughed at their childish behavior as I made my way to the kitchen. Well, at least one of them had an excuse for having childish behavior, but I loved them both. 

After I got 3 mugs of hot chocolate, I walked back into the living room. Daichi and the girl sitting together on the couch, flipping through the tv channels to find a good Christmas movie we could all watch together. Once we settled on one, I set down the cups and joined the two to watch.

Daichi's POV

"I'm gonna take her up to bed." Suga said, pulling himself away from me and picking up the little girl who had passed out as soon as she finished her hot chocolate. I smiled faintly, watching them go upstairs. While Suga was gone, I sighed and picked up the mugs and took them to the kitchen and rinsing them out before returning to the couch. Suga wandered back down, cuddling up next to me again with a smile. I put my arm back around him, quietly playing with his silver colored hair before sighing.

"So, the kid still won't tell you her name?"

"No. I've tried talking to the agency but when they found her, they didn't find anything."

"Well, it'd be nice to address her properly. You don't suppose she doesn't have a name or something do you?"

"Huh, I don't know. I've asked her and she's always just stayed quiet, so I never really pushed."

"Well, any nicknames?" I asked, Suga shaking his head. We both talked quietly, the topic mostly being the little girl under Suga's care. After a while, we gave that topic a rest and picked a different movie to watch together. Suga snuggled up close to me with a smile, his head rested on my chest and his hand intertwined with mine underneath the blanket over us both.

This evening felt perfect. It felt like something I never wanted to end.

"Daichi, let's go upstairs I have a surprise for you too." Suga said, getting up and dragging me along with him. I followed him up to his room, surprised when he tackled me and we both fell onto his bed. Suga giggled, giving me a kiss before handing me a pillow.

"Cover your eyes you can't see." He said, climbing off of me while I smiled and rolled my eyes, putting the pillow over my face. All I could hear was my boyfriend rummaging around the room, feeling his weight as he straddled my lap.

"Okay, open!" He said before I removed the pillow. I blinked a few times, tilting my head as Suga held something out from behind his back. I sat up, taking the little box he had wrapped.

"Okay I know it isn't Christmas yet but I wanted to give this to you now." He said with an adorable, excited smile. I was quick to unwrap the gift, opening the box and laughing slightly. There was a scarf inside, folded neatly. It looked almost exactly like the one Suga had given me when we first met, but with the coffee stain. I took the scarf out, a little book falling out when I unraveled the scarf. Suga smiled, taking the scarf so I could pick up the book and open it. A smile rested on my face when I looked inside.

"It's.. its some of my favorite photos that we've taken together." Suga said shyly while I looked at a bunch of pictures of Suga and I. I took the scarf and put the two gifts back into the box, setting the box aside. Suga watched me with a worried look. He must be wondering what I thought of the gifts. He began to open his mouth to speak, but before he could I pulled him down and kissed him deeply.

"Thank you baby, I love them." I said, Suga blushing before smiling and wrapping his arms around my neck. He kissed my cheek before giggling with a nod. He was so dam cute. We both cuddled on his bed, talking for a few hours about nothing before both drifting off in each other's arms.