Chapter 20

If you haven't heard the cover of Take on Me from TLOU2, you should

Time Skip
Daichi's POV
"Baby.. come on, you should eat.." I said, trying to coax my boyfriend out of bed. Suga just quietly shook his head, making me sigh. I laid behind him, gently rubbing his side.

"You're favorite is downstairs. Just a little?" Suga shook his head again, scooting himself further under the blanket. He's barely eaten or slept ever since Honey left.. Any time he sleeps, he has some kind of nightmare but he won't tell me what it's about. I gave up and quietly went downstairs, putting the food away in case Suga changed his mind later before returning to bed with him.

I climbed under the blankets with Suga, letting him turn and snuggle himself into my chest. I wrapped my arms around him, kissing his head. It wasn't long until Suga fell asleep from exhaustion and probably stress. He was supposed to start work next week, and he was clearly in no condition to do that. But, he couldn't just quit either.

I was tired too, but I didn't want to leave Suga alone. Even if he was asleep and I'd still technically be right here. So I stayed awake and it barely took any time before Suga jolted awake, sitting up frantically. Without needing to think, I sat up and grabbed him in a reassuring hug.

"Hey.. hey it's okay baby. I'm here..."

"Daichi.. I can't stand it anymore...!" Suga sobbed, grabbing onto me. I furrowed my brows, holding him close as his whole body shook while he cried. Once he finally settled down, he took some deep breaths and nuzzled his face into my chest.

"Do you want to tell me about these dreams..?"

"...I.. I keep seeing Honey. Daichi, she thinks we gave her away! She was crying for us to not make her leave.. and.. and I couldn't do anything." He said, starting to sob again. The memories never left my head either.. Honey was screaming and crying while holding onto us, begging to stay. It was hard, and I missed her to no end. But, this was so much harder on Suga. He definitely felt like Honey was his own, and to an extent, I did too.

"I know you miss her Suga, I do too.. but you need to try and get some sleep." I said, Suga nodding as I gently pulled him away and wiped the tears from his face. Kissing his cheek gently and pulling him back close to my body and laying down. Suga let his body relax in my grip, but I could tell that he surely didn't feel like sleeping anytime soon. I sighed softly, tilting my head down and gently beginning to hum.

"Talking away.
I don't know what, I'm to say I'll say anyway.
Today's another day to find you.
Shying away.
I'll be coming for your love, okay.

Take on me.
Take me on.
I'll be gone.
In a day or two.

Needless to say.
I'm odds and ends, but I'll be stumbling away.
Slowly learning that life is okay.. Say after me.
It's no better to be safe than sorry.."

I stopped my quiet singing when I heard a soft snore come from Suga. Glancing down at him to ensure he was peacefully asleep before giving in and passing out myself.

Sugawara's POV
I slowly opened my eyes. My eyes felt like they burned and my body felt heavy and sluggish. Oh. Maybe I felt that way because Daichi was kinda on top of me. I still felt tired, scooting a bit to get out of Daichi's grip and go to the bathroom. As I was washing my hands, I stared at my reflection. Wow, I looked terrible.. I had bags under my eyes, my eyes looked bloodshot and my hair was a complete mess.

I glanced over at the shower, knowing I probably should.. but... I really didn't have the energy, or motivation. So I quietly wiped my hands off and returned to bed. Where did Daichi go? Eh.. I climbed back under the covers, laying face first into the sheets which still smelled faintly of my boyfriend. He probably went downstairs or something but I kinda wished he was here. I sighed and just closed my eyes, starting to drift back off until the blanket was ripped off me.

I rolled onto my side to see what was going on, Daichi standing over me with a raised brow. I blinked a few times before quietly reaching up to take the blanket back, but Daichi just tossed the blanket aside. He smiled at me when I sat up and rubbed my eyes, glancing at the blanket.

"Daichi.. what was that for."

"I think you need to get out of bed for a bit."

"I'm to tired."

"I know how much you miss Honey.. but we have to believe she's happy and safe... there's nothing we can do, and nothing was your fault Suga.."

"...I know.."

"Come on, let's shower and go out."

"Where're we going?"

"It's a secret, now get up!"