Chapter 26

Sugawara's POV
I walked up to the school gates. It was nice to be back.. I just, missed a little addition I grew used to having with me. I took the kids inside, helping if they needed with their coats and let them spend some time playing before I'd bother with the lessons. During recess, I hugged Takeda since I didn't get a chance to see him before the day started. We sat together like normal while the kids played.

"How was your break, Suga??"

"It was, alright.."

"I know you told me about, you know. I'm so sorry. But, maybe next time?"

"Yeah.. maybe. I don't want to talk about it. How was your break?"

"It was nice. Ukai and I got to spend time together, he's a great guy."

"The gym coach huh? You two seem awful friendly." I said teasingly, Takeda laughing and waving his hands. He didn't agree with me, but he also didn't deny it. We all know they like each other, but I wasn't gonna push him to talk if he was embarrassed. Takeda and I looked over quickly when we heard Kageyama yelling. Both of us sighing to see him and Hinata wrestling on the ground, surely going to get some scrapes or cuts that they'll be crying to me about. Nonetheless, I couldn't let them fight.

"Hey, Hinata, Kageyama stop it!" I said sternly, getting up and walking over to them. They both eventually stopped and stood in front of me, glaring at each other. A heavy sigh left my lips as I made sure they both were okay before saying.

"I think that you two should apologize. And I also think I should have a talk with both of your parents." I said, making the two little boys look afraid. I felt kind of bad, but it was part of my job to talk to the parents if the kids got a bit to rough. And it's not like I was a stranger to either couple, they knew their kids fought but still had to record it.

After recess, I gave the kids a coloring assignment while I called Hinata and Kageyama's parents. Both their parents sounding tired but unsurprised and agreed to come after school when they picked them up. After school hours, I talked with both Iwaizumi and Oikawa. Then Bokuto and Akaashi. Thankfully, things went without a pitch and I was able to pack up and get home to pick up Tsukishima and Yamaguchi for the doctor appointment.

Time skip at doctor office
I sat quietly, talking to the doctor and answering what I could. But since I didn't know either boys to well, Tsukishima seemed to do a lot of the talking for his shy boyfriend. The doctor took notes and sent out tests to see if Yamaguchi had epilepsy. One of which as a blood test. Yamaguchi fidgeting in his seat.

"T-Tsukki...!"

"I'm right here. Don't look at it." The blonde boy said, grabbing the smaller boy's hand and squeezing when the nurse pricked his arm. Yamaguchi yelped, but kept his eyes on his boyfriend until it was done. Only peaking once he was assured there was a bandage over his arm. The sight made me smile slightly, it was cute to see them interact with each other like that.

Soon, the doctor had a few scans and it was confirmed that Yamaguchi seemed to have epilepsy from a brain lesion. The two boys looked concerned, but the doctor tried assuring them that epilepsy was a common disease and could be better controlled with medication. So after a medication was prescribed, we left there and went to the pharmacy to pick it up. I didn't mind running these errands or paying for the medicine for the kids.

Once we were back home, I left the two alone in their room and quietly sat down in my own room to start on some paperwork so I could be ahead and not fall behind. I turned some music on, tuning out the world around me while I worked and hummed. Nearly screaming when Daichi snuck up on my from behind and kissed my cheek.

"Oh my god Daichi you almost gave me a heart attack..."

"Sorry baby. How was work?"

"It was okay, nice to see the kids and Takeda. You?"

"Boring, paperwork all day long today." He said to which I nodded in understanding. Daichi pulled away and changed, talking as he did.

"Hey, did either of the boys find any potential jobs yet?"

"No, Tsukishima took a look around online and sent in some applications. But, might be hard at his age and situation."

"Well, there is a spot at the station. It's basically just, secretary. But it's a job he could do. And once he makes enough money, he and his boyfriend can get a little apartment. And if they need, I'll be at work for Tsukishima to talk to." Daichi explained, pulling a new shirt on. I watched him with a small smile and nod.

"That does sound like a good idea. I'll talk to them about it tomorrow."

"Why, they asleep?"

"Oh, no, not asleep."

"...Huh?" Daichi said with a confused look. I laughed, getting up and walking over. Cupping his cheeks and giving him a kiss before returning to my seat. My clueless boyfriend still standing there.

"I'll tell you another time Daichi."