Chapter 17-The Art Room

Me and Marinette walk back to school after lunch. I can see that Marinette is mentally bracing herself to see Adrian after he saw Chloe's post.

We walk into the courtyard, and Adrian spots us. He begins to walk in our direction and Marinette ducks behind me.

"Marinette?" Adrain asks, looking behind me. "Can we talk?"

Marinette turns red. "Of course," she stands up and walks in front of him. "What about?"

"I saw Chloes post..."

Marinette lowers her head and looks down at her feet. "Oh no..." she mumbles.

"No matter how you feel towards me, Marinette," Adrian smiles. "I want you to know that I'll always be here for you, and that you don't have to feel uncomfortable or nervous around me."

"Thanks, Adrian.." Marinette blushes.

He waves and walks over to Nino.

"See? It all worked out fine!" I say, wrapping my arm around Marinette's shoulder.

—————————

I walk down the hall with Nathaniel and Marc to the art room. Our teacher for the last class didn't show up, so we had a free hour. I send a text to Marinette:

My class was canceled, I'm going to the art room with Nate and Marc, so you won't need to get me from room 149.

We step into the art room, and my eyes instantly light up. Multiple tables are set up, each with their own unique items. A huge board is right inside the door with graffiti painted on it, unfinished sculptures sit in a corner, and large murals cover the walls I see huge buckets of paint scattered throughout the room. A huge shelf holds rolls of yarn and string, and another with scraps of fabric. Students sit and stand all over the room, each doing something different. The art room has a busy feeling to it, yet everything seems so calm and peaceful.

"Oh my goodness!! This place is beautiful!!" I gasp, as my eyes keep darting around the room.

"This is one of the best places for brainstorming ideas. Me and Nathaniel come here a lot during our free bells to work on our comics." Marc says, his green eyes glimmering in excitement. "You can go pull out supplies and try stuff out if you want. This is a space where you're free to be creative."

I look around the room at the different materials. I go over to a shelf with (favorite art supplies), grab what I need, and go sit down next to Nathaniel.

"I see you went with (favorite art supplies), good choice." Nathaniel smiles at me.

As Nathaniel and Marc begin discussing comics, I start working. I put in only one of my ear buds so I can still hear what's going on around me, and start listening to (favorite musician).

After working for a good 50 minutes  I hear whispering. "That's incredible..." "how is she that good?" I look up in surprise to see a swarm of students standing around our table. I take out my earbud. "What is it?" I ask.

One of the students points to my work. "It looks exactly like Chat Noir!" She says.

"What?" I look down at my project. Wow... my (whatever style of art you did) really did look like Chat Noir.

A man with gray hair and a white shirt covered in paint walks up to me. "Wow, you're that exchange student, right?" I look up and respond, "Yes sir."

He gives me a warm smile. "You've got some incredible talent."

I blush and look down. "Thankyou."

Nathaniel puts his hand on my shoulder. "I've seen, (yn)'s sketches in class. She's an amazing artist!" He says, smiling at the teacher.

"(Yn)" the teacher looks back at me. "Would you be willing to let me put your piece in the schools art display case?"

I stare at him in shock "Really?"

"Of course!"

"I don't know...I don't think my art is good enough..."

Marc turns me to face him. "(Yn), don't doubt your abilities. You have talent, but we understand if you don't feel ready for others to see it yet." He smiles at me.

I look at my piece and back up at Marc. I nod. I turn back to the teacher. "You can display it." I say.