(2)

Next Day

Toni woke up, took a shower, then got dressed.

She put on her glasses after doing her hair.

"I hope I don't get bullied at this school." She mumbled, grabbing her backpack and phone.

She walked into the kitchen, smiling at her mother and father.

"Good morning, " She said, sitting at the counter.

"Morning! Ready for your first day?" Thomas asked, fixing his tie.

"Eh. I'm just hoping the kids are nicer there." Toni nodded, pouring milk into her cereal.

Kate frowned, kissing Toni's forehead. "And if their not, we will handle it." She mumbled against her head.

"Okay, mom." Toni nodded.

After eating her food, her father drove her to school.

"Have a good day, okay?" He smiled.

"K, Dad. Later." She waved as the car drove away.

Toni took deep breathes before entering the school.

"Seriously speaking, I believe we should have sunscreen on the beach." Veronica proposed.

Cheryl rolled her eyes, putting her books away as Betty and Veronica talked.

Her eyes landed on a certain Burnette as she walked into the school.

"Guys! Guys, she's here." Cheryl said, stopping their conversation.

Veronica and Betty looked over at the girl who looked completely lost.

"Okay. Wish me luck, I'm going in." Cheryl said.

Betty and Veronica raised their brows as Cheryl closed her locker and walked toward the girl.

"Is She feeling okay?" Betty asked.

Veronica shrugged, "Cheryl's just... Cheryl." She snorted, walking away with Betty.

"Hey, you look lost." Cheryl smiled approaching the girl.

Toni gulped, nodding wordlessly. Cheryl smiled politely.

"I could help you." She said.

"O-Okay." Toni stammered. Great Toni! Give the girl a reason to bully you.

"This way. To the office." The redhead said walking away.

Toni followed close behind, pushing her glasses up.

Once they entered the office, principal Honey smiled.

"Ah, Welcome Antoinette." He smiled, shaking her hand.

"Thanks." She said shyly, pushing her glasses up.

"Here is your schedule, I believe Cheryl here will help you around." He said, raising his brow at Cheryl.

"Yep. Your stuck with me today." Cheryl smiled at Toni as they left the office.

-------

"Then after we have maths. Mr. Devon is cool, kinda annoying if you ask me." Cheryl nodded.

Betty and Veronica watched from afar. "I don't think she's feeling okay." Betty said.

"Yeah, I really starting to think so too." Veronica agreed.

Lunch finally rolled around, Cheryl had detention for telling one of the teachers to shut up. This was the other day.

Toni made her way into the cafeteria, getting her lunch.

She paid for it, walking to sit alone.

"Cheryl!" Betty called before Cheryl could enter the classroom.

"Yes, Betty?" The redhead said.

"Are you feeling okay today?" She asked.

Cheryl furrow her eyebrows, "What do you mean?" She asked.

"You've been nice to Toni all day. And smiling. You never do that." Betty said, concerned.

"Maybe I'm just feeling nice today." Cheryl nodded.

"Sure. But, Cher don't try to pretend that your not hurting." Betty said.

Cheryl started to get annoyed. "Betty! I'm fine! Now, excuse me because I have detention." She snapped, opening the door to the classroom.

---------

It was now the end of the day, Toni got her bag from out of her locker, then shut it.

She started walking toward the entrance.

As she exited the building, She bumped into Cheryl who was also walking out.

"Hey, Cher! You walking with us?" Veronica asked.

Cheryl looked at her then at Toni who was walking down to the exit.

"Uh, Not today." Cheryl said, walking towards Toni.

"Hey, Can I walk with you?" She asked, bumping her shoulder with Toni's.

Toni nodded wordlessly.

"You know, For a very smart person, you don't really speak." Cheryl teased.

"I rather stay quiet." Toni said, holding on to her bag straps.

Cheryl nodded, "So, How was the first day?" Cheryl asked trying to make conversation.

"I-it was great." Toni stammered.

"Is that a stutter?" She asked.

Toni shrugged, "Just-just when I'm nervous." Toni said.

"Oh." The redhead quipped. "I think it's cute that your nervous around me." Cheryl chuckled.

Toni's face started to heat up, keeping her head down.

They made it to their block.

"Later." Cheryl smiled, waving as she walked into the house.

Toni nodded, walking into her own house.

"Hey, Honey. How was school?" Kate asked as Toni entered the kitchen.

"It was great. No one really paid me any mind." Toni sighed, grabbing an apple.

"You and Cheryl friends?" She asked.

Toni looked at her, "I don't know. She's pretty annoying if you ask me." Toni said, taking a bit.

"How come?" Kate asked.

"She followed me around, which I was thankful for, but all she did was talk talk talk." Toni huffed.

"Maybe she was just trying to make a new friend." Her mother shrugged.

"Yeah, I get that, but I don't really like that." Toni said, getting up.

"I'm gonna go do some homework." Toni nodded, walking up stairs.

Her mother shook her head. "She needs to get out more."