(48)

Cheryl has been doing some thinking, and she loves Dominic as if he was her own flesh and blood. She wanted to adopt him.

Yes, she's married to Toni so that automatically makes him her son. He also has her last name, but her name isn't on his birth certificate legally.

"Really?" Toni smiled when Cheryl told her what she was going to do.

"Of course. I love him, and I want my name on his birth certificate." Cheryl smiled.

"Then we're doing this." Toni nodded.

"Yep." Cheryl smiled.

------

"Okay. Just sign here and here." The woman told Cheryl.

"I'll go reprint his birth certificate." The woman smiled, taking the paper.

Dominic sat in Cheryl's lap, eating his cheese-doodles.

"Mama, Toys!" He said, turning to look at the redhead.

"You want toys?" Cheryl asked her son.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Okay, Well go to Toys R us after this." Cheryl kissed his forehead.

Toni smiled at the duo, feeling her heart warm.

The woman returned with the birth certificate.

"Congratulations. He's legally your son." She hands the ginger woman the paper.

"Thank you." Cheryl smiled, getting up.

"Have a nice day." She called.

"Bye-Bye." Dominic smiled as Cheryl and Toni walked out with him.

After a 20 minute drive, they arrived at Toys R us as Cheryl promised.

"Choose anything you want, big boy." Cheryl smiled, following the light-skinned boy around the car section.

He pointed to a big box of hot wheels cars.

"Wow." Toni laughed as Dominic happily cheered as Cheryl picked up the box putting it in the cart.

"Mama look!" The boy points to the race tracks.

Cheryl chuckled, picking it up. The boy was only one, but he sure was spoiled.

After Dominic chose about 4 boxes of cars. Cheryl paid then the small family left.

-------

"Dominic is sleep, finally." Toni huffed, plumping on the couch with Cheryl who was smiling at the birth certificate.

"I can't get over this." Cheryl smiled as Toni laid her head on her shoulder.

"Well, you better. You're an official mother." Toni said making Cheryl's smile grow.

------

It was 3 AM. The house was completely quiet.

"Mama!" Dominic cried, standing up in his crib.

Cheryl stirred, turning to her side.

"Mama!" He cried again, trying to climb out of the crib.

Cheryl sat up. running to her son's cries.

She entered his dimly light room, picking him up.

"What's wrong?" Cheryl frowned as Dominic held her tight.

"I'm scared." He pointed to the closet.

Furrowing her eyebrows, Cheryl walked over to the closet to find the lamp they had in there tipped over.

"Oh. Baby boy, the lamp just fell against the door." Cheryl sighed, picking it up.

Dominic laid his head on her shoulder, holding her close.

"No." He whispered, closing his eyes.

"Okay, baby. Come on." Cheryl sighed, grabbing his blanket before leaving the room.

The scared boy holds on to his blanket tightly as Cheryl lays him on her chest.

Toni stirred, opening her eyes. She cuddled closer to her wife and son as she and Cheryl held Dominic, soothing him back to sleep.

Just a filler🤪🥺💗