(45)

⚠️Homophobic karen⚠️

Toni dressed Dominic in a white Adidas T-shirt and black Adidas shorts with white sneakers.

She was dressing him so they could go do some shopping since he was growing out of most of his clothes.

"Ready, mamas?" Cheryl called grabbing the Jeep keys. Cheryl had brought a Jeep when they found out Toni was pregnant with Dominic. They did have the range rover but she felt it was too small for the car seat.

"Yeah." Toni said, placing Dominic on the floor. He waddled over to Cheryl, reaching for her.

Cheryl smiled, picking her son up. She kissed his cheek before she and Toni walked out.

Toni locked the door before catching up with her son and wife.

-----

"How about this one? It's cute." Toni said, picking up the shirt.

It had little cars on it and it said "The race to Mama's heart."

"That is cute." Cheryl smiled, looking for the size.

Dominic was in the cart, watching as Cheryl and Toni started picking out shirts.

A woman about in her mid 40s comes up to the couple, smiling softly.

"Hello, I couldn't help but notice you guys. Is this your son?" She asked.

"Yes. He is." Cheryl nodded, standing beside Toni.

"Aww, that's beautiful. It's great to see same-sex couples being able to have kids." She smiled.

"Thank you," Toni smiled.

The woman nodded walking away. (There's two types of people. The non-homophobe and the homophobe)

Another woman walked up, looking upset.

"Hi. Is this your son?" She asked, looking at the light-skinned boy.

"Yes." Toni nodded, raising a brow at her.

"And you two are together?" She then asked.

"That's none of your business." Cheryl scowled.

"I just asked a question." The lady shot back.

"Yes. We are married. Is that a problem, ma'am?" Toni asked the woman.

She scoffed, "Of course it is. That's disgusting. How did you even have the kid anyway?" She asked.

The woman that was speaking to them earlier overheard the conversation and decided to step in.

"Hey! why are you harassing them?!" She asked.

"Because this is wrong. They're going to corrupt that boy into something he isn't." The woman nodded.

"What's your name?" Cheryl asked that woman.

"Michelle." The woman scoffed.

"Oh, Well, Karen sorry if we don't reach your standards. And our son wouldn't be or feel corrupted because he knows that we will love him regardless of his sexuality. So would you please excuse me, my wife and I have some shopping to do." Cheryl huffed, walking pass the lady.

She scoffed, leaving the store angrily.

The kind woman followed Cheryl, going to talk to her while Toni tried to calm down a crying Dominic.

"I'm so sorry about that disgusting woman. She should be ashamed of herself." The woman said.

"It's alright. I know that there are some very homophobic people in the world." Cheryl nodded, feeling her nerves calming.

"Just know I'm in your corner. My son is gay and he married his high school boyfriend." The woman smiled.

"Aww, that's sweet. I also married my high school girlfriend." Cheryl smiled, looking over at her wife who was talking to Dominic as she made him laugh.

"I can see. You two are madly in love. Keep that, love is love." She smiled, rubbing Cheryl's shoulder comfortingly.

"Thank you so much for standing up for us." Cheryl smiled.

"No problem." The woman smiled before walking away.

Toni pushed the cart over to the cashier as Cheryl joined them.

"You okay?" Toni asked, looking over at her.

"Yep. Are you?" Cheryl asked.

"Mhm." Toni smiled.

After shopping Toni and Cheryl decided to take Dominic to the park.

"I'm going to get you!" Toni giggled as she chased her son around on the grass.

Dominic laughed as he ran away from his mother.

Cheryl watched from the blanket she sat on, smiling softly.

What they enter countered today made her realize is that love is something so strong that most things won't even get to you.

Dominic ran to Cheryl as she engulfs him into a hug, getting up quickly to run away from Toni.

"That's cheating!" Toni giggled, running after them.

"Ahaha! You can't get us!" Cheryl teased.

Toni caught up to them as they both fell, softly to the ground.

The small family giggled, Dominic jumped on Toni laughing as they caught their breath.

Family is everything, something that could never be replaced.

Love you guys🥺💗