Verse 5: So Far, So Good

"Kotarooooo!" Hikaru shouts from down the hallway.

"Hey." Kotaro replies.

"I saw what happened yesterday." Hikaru giggles.

"What?"

"Oh come on, Kotaro. I saw you talking to Miss Miku over there. I'm so proud of you." Hikaru then mimics crying noises.

"Uh, okay... I guess?"

"Anyways, wanna have lunch?"

"Sure. You better not ask me to buy you anything again."

On their way to the cafeteria, they pass by the quintuplets, who were talking on the stairs. Miku waves at Kotaro.

"Nice, bro!" Hikaru teases him.

"Shut up."

At the cafeteria,

"Seriously? You're drinking that old man juice again?" Hikaru points at Kotaro's matcha soda.

"What's wrong with it? I like it."

Kotaro then stands up and goes to the counter.

"Two ham sandwiches, please."

"Hey, you're Miku's classmate, right? The guy that passed by us earlier?" A short haired girl identical to Miku asks.

"Yes, why?"

"Oh, I see... you wanna sit with some pretty girls?"

"Uh... I'm with my friend."

"I don't know if I should refuse, that's one heck of a deal!" Kotaro thought to himself.

"Ichika, stop messing with him! I'm sorry, my sister's always like that." Another girl identical to Miku appears, this time with bright red hair.

"I'm Itsuki, and she's Ichika. We're Miku's sisters. Sorry!" The two of them leave.

"Weird." Kotaro then heads back to their table.

"How the heck are you so lucky?!" Hikaru asks enthusiastically.

"What do you mean?"

"You were talking to two pretty girls near the counter earlier!"

"You mean Miku's sisters?"

"Yes! You lucky bastard!"

"It's no big deal."

"What do you mean it's no big deal? Those pretty girls just talked to you! I'd kill just to be able to talk to them!"

"Then talk to them. They're pretty nice."

"Maybe I will!"