Verse 27: Courage

The following morning,

"Akashiro-kun. Why are you here?" One of their teachers say.

"Oh, we came after the buses. We tried catching up." Kotaro says, still exhausted due to sleeping on a table.

"Morning, Kotaro-kun. Oh, good morning, sensei." Ichika walks out of the room.

"You'll be travelling with us from now on, is that correct?" Their teacher asks.

"Yes, sir."

"Alright, we'll leave in an hour. Get ready." Their teacher then leaves.

"Well you look tired." Nino walks out of the room, yawning.

"It was kinda hard to sleep on the table last night." Kotaro replies.

"Morning..." Miku rubs her eyes.

"I'll go downstairs, just gonna grab some coffee." Kotaro then goes to the lobby to get a can of coffee.

"We're going with the school from now on. Buses leave in an hour." Ichika tells her sisters.

"Uesugi-san. Uesugi-san. Uesugi-san!" Yotsuba tries to wake Futarou up, to no avail.

She then grabs a pillow and hits Futarou. "UESUGI-SAN!"

"Huh..? What..? Good morning..." Futarou stretches his limbs to come to his senses.

Later, before they go into the buses...

"Akashiro-kun. You'll be sitting beside Nakano." Their homeroom teacher tells him.

"Sure."

During the trip, Kotaro is listening to music. Suddenly, Miku taps him on the shoulder.

"What?" Kotaro asks.

"Could I... listen with you?" Miku shyly asks.

"O-okay." Kotaro gives Miku the right earbud and plays the song again.

"...that nothing is new, and I'm obsessed with you."

A few minutes later, Miku falls asleep on Kotaro's shoulder.

"Maybe this is my popular phase!" Kotaro thought to himself.

"She's really cute..." Kotaro can't help but mutter.

An hour later, they arrive at the camp.

"We'll be grouped into five, right?" Futarou asks.

"Yes. You are free to choose whoever your roommates will be." The student council president says.

"Hey, Akashiro-kun..." Itsuki approaches Kotaro.

"Hm?"

"Do you have a group already? If not..."

"What about your sisters?"

"Ah, I think they have groups already..?"

"Kotaroooo!" Hikaru shouts from a distance.

"Hey, Hikaru."

"Come on, let's go to our group. Futarou's already there. Hi, Itsuki-san."

"Hi, Ichinose-kun..." Itsuki says.

"Sorry, Itsuki. I promise I'll make it back to you!" Kotaro leaves with Hikaru.

"I failed again..." Itsuki then goes back to her sisters.