Verse 7: Head in the Clouds

"Do you, Miku Nakano, take Kotaro Akashiro as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" The priest says.

"I do." Miku replies, looking beautiful in her stunning white gown.

"And do you, Kotaro Akashiro, take Miku Nakano as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

"Kotaro. Kotaro!" He hears Miku's voice, faintly.

"I do!" Kotaro wakes up in a daze. Everyone in class laughs at him.

"Akashiro-kun. It's the third time you've slept in my class. One more and I'll send you to the headmaster." His teacher says.

"I'm very sorry!"

After the class,

"I'm really sorry if you had to wake me up again."

"Why'd you just say "I do!" all of a sudden? Weird." Miku says with a disgusted look.

"I'm really sorry!"

Kotaro glances at Miku's phone, where he sees a Sengoku Era-inspired wallpaper.

"I see. So she's interested in Japanese history." Kotaro thought to himself.

Later that day, at the Library,

"This, this, and... this." Kotaro picks out some books about Japanese history.

"Well, if it isn't Mr. President!" Ichika says.

"Oh, hello Ichika-san."

"You plan on studying Japanese history? Why don't you come sit with us?" Ichika tells him.

"Oh, uh... sure." They then proceed to a table in the corner of the library.

"Hi, Kotaro." Miku says.

"Hey, Miku-san."

"It's the Music Club's President! Hello, Mr. President!" A girl identical to Miku and Ichika, with shoulder-length orange hair says.

"Hi, I'm Kotaro Akashiro. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Yotsuba Nakano! Miku and Ichika's younger sister!"

"We're here to study, not to do introductions, Yotsuba!" A boy with black hair says.

"Calm down, Ichika-san invited me to sit here."

"Futarou Uesugi, nice to meet you." Futarou introduces himself.

"Oh, so you're interested in Japanese history?" He asks.

"Yeah, there's something interesting about the generals, you know?" Kotaro explains.

"I can't tell them I'm studying this because of Miku." Kotaro thought to himself.