Chapter 5

Emma walked over to the family with a fake smile upon her lips.

"Good afternoon, may I lead you to your table?" Emma asked, pretending to not know Regina at all.

Regina had come with her family, her father, mother and two sisters. Her mother nodded, unaware of the fact that Emma and Regina knew each other.

"Yes, dear," she replied and Emma walked over to a booth and watched as the family took place.

They were way overdressed for a small place like Granny's. Unlike all the other popular girls in school, Regina didn't dress so provocatively when she wasn't in her uniform.

She was wearing a long skirt and a blouse with a nice vest, that covered her arms. Only now, Emma noticed Regina's necklace. She saw a small cross hanging on her necklace and swallowed.

She didn't know Regina was religious.

"Can I get you something to drink?" Emma asked as she grabbed her small notepad to write something down.

"I'd like a water," Regina's younger sisters said in sync and her parents nodded agreed.

"We too," her father said and everyone looked at Regina, assuming she'd order a water as well.

"I'd like a fine, red wine," Regina said.

"You're underage," Emma replied curtly. "Is there anything else you'd like?"

"Regina, behave!" Her father scolded and Regina straightened her posture before she flashed her father an angry look.

"Well, then.. I suppose I'm forced to drink water."

Emma nodded curtly and smiled politely. "It'll come right up. Over there are the menus, so you all can choose what to eat," Emma explained. "The special today is the fresh tomato soup, you can find that on the board as well. If you have any questions, you can always ask them," Emma said politely before she walked away and sighed softly.

"Five waters," Emma said as she ripped the page off her notebook and handed it to Granny. The woman nodded as Emma grabbed a cloth and bucket to clean some tables before new customers would arrive.

Somehow all she could think of was Regina. She didn't understand the girl at all. One moment she tried to connect with Emma and then she was ripping her backpack to pieces.

She cleaned the table quickly and walked back to the counter to wash her hands. After she'd washed her hands, Granny handed her a tray with five glasses of water and she walked to the Mills family.

"There you go," she said with a smile as she set down the glasses by the family members.

"Have you decided on what to eat yet?" Emma asked as her eyes shifted between the family members.

"I'd like a grilled cheese sandwich," one of Regina's sisters said, and for some reason Emma knew her name was Zelena.

"Me too!" Her other sister said, whose name was Fiona.

It was evident that the parents didn't seem too content with their children's orders, but they didn't comment on it.

"I'd like a salad," Regina said blankly and handed her the menu. Emma accepted it and swallowed when she saw the way Regina looked at her.

She couldn't quite place what the brunette was trying to say, so she quickly averted her eyes to her notepad to write down the orders.

Then, she looked at the older couple. "We'd like a salad as well, dear," Cora said and Emma quickly scribbled it down.