Chapter 31

"They haven't changed a bit, have they?" Emma carefully inquired.

Regina shook her head slowly and sighed. Her parents had always kept a keen eye on her, making sure she wasn't going to run off with some woman.

Fortunately for her, they were on a long business trip, unable to keep an eye on her. And Regina had finally managed to find the place where she felt at home the most.

"Not one bit. They've never "forgiven" me for what happened between us."

"Then why tell them?"

"What do you mean?" Regina asked confused, but she knew exactly what Emma meant.

Regina had never considered keeping a real relationship from her parents, but as Emma spoke the words, she wondered why it would be so bad.

She could easily just quit her job and move out of Storybrooke, making sure she never saw them again.

It all sounded very tempting.

"They don't need to know about our relationship. Just don't talk to them about it."

Regina inhaled deeply. She knew she would be in trouble either way, because her parents would find out about her divorce whether she wanted or not.

She kissed Emma's bare chest and slid her hand around her waist as she nodded.

"Perhaps that's an idea," she muttered, still not entirely convinced.

Her parents always knew everything and she wondered whether she'd be able to keep them from this and what would happen if they found out she had a relationship with Emma.

"You know they'll still be angry about me divorcing Robin?"

Emma nodded slowly and ran her hand through Regina's hair, tucking it behind the woman's ear.

"How often do you talk to them?"

"Only when necessary. But they'll find out about me and Robin and tomorrow, the first thing they'll do when they arrive in Storybrooke, is going to be talking with me."

Right at that moment, Emma's stomach grumbled and Regina slid her hand over it. "You should eat something," she muttered.

Emma groaned in disagreement and shook her head. "I want to stay here with you."

"You know I'm not going anywhere. You know what? I'll cook us dinner, then you won't have to worry about that," Regina said with a wink and sat up straight in bed.

Emma followed her example and kissed Regina's naked shoulder. "Talking is more important than food," she husked and a chuckle escaped Regina's throat.

Their lips found each other, but after a brief kiss, Regina pulled away. She smiled at Emma and for a second she forgot all about her problems.

All she could think of was the gorgeous blonde beside her.

"We'll talk over dinner," Regina said with a wink.

"Okay, let's cook together. Naked," Emma suggested, but the smirk on her lips showed that she wasn't serious.

"After this I won't ever be able to keep my hands off of you, so I think that's not such a great idea," Regina replied smugly and stroked Emma's arm.

"Then clothes wouldn't matter anyway," Emma muttered, but dressed in a bathrobe and threw one to Regina.

Regina couldn't stop smirking and put on the bathrobe. She ran her hand through her hair and smoothed the bathrobe before she followed Emma to the kitchen.