Chapter 14

Regina quickly wiped away her tear as they broke their kiss. She looked down and bit her lower lip.

"Robin, I.. uh, I don't think we're going to work out anymore." The words just rolled off her tongue. She had no intention to break up with Robin now.

"What?" The boy snapped and Regina flinched at his harsh tone.

The brunette girl moved back and swallowed. "You deserve someone better than me. You deserve someone who does like to kiss and cuddle. Someone who does like to be held."

"Why can't that person be you?" He questioned. "You're seventeen, Regina. Aren't you grown up enough to be in a serious relationship?"

Regina shook her head slightly. "I wish I was, Robin."

She started crying and pressed with her fingernails in the palm of her hand. She sniffed and blinked her tears away.

"We need to break up."

She avoided Robin's gaze and the boy stood up. "So, that's it. You just decided you're bored and break up with me?"

Regina looked up with nothing but fear in her eyes.

"Or is there someone else?"

She immediately shook her head no and looked down again.

"Sorry, Robin. You truly are a good guy," Regina said before she heard the boy scoff and walk away.

She closed her eyes as she heard the door firmly shut behind her back and started crying louder.

She lay down and turned around, her face touching the pillow to stop the cries. She sobbed in her pillow and clenched her fists.

When some time had passed, she sat up straight and wiped her last tears away.

Her room was still dark as she hadn't opened the drapes, so she now did and she looked through the window.

She saw her mother smoking a cigarette in the garden and sighed softly when she saw the angry look on her face.

Her hand touched the window and she quickly looked away. She saw herself in the reflection and even though she didn't see herself too clear, she noticed her eyes being red and puffy.

Her mascara had run out and she swallowed thickly. She heard her stomach rumbling as she hadn't eaten anything yet all day.

Regina turned around and left her bedroom to get some food in the kitchen. She was just preparing when her mother came in with an unsatisfied look on her face.

"I just spoke with Robin," she said and watched as her daughter prepared a sandwich. "He said you broke up with him."

Regina didn't say anything. She didn't know what to say, her mother was simply stating a fact.

"Why did you do it?" Her mother asked sternly and Regina still didn't reply, triggering all Cora's nerves.

"Why did you do it?" She repeated with a tone that was much harsher than before.

Regina shrugged. "I don't know."

Her mother gripped her arm tightly, spinning her around. She faced the angry look of her mother and tried to stay calm.

"You think that's a reason to break up with him?"

"I didn't love him."

Cora tightened her grip around Regina's arm and gritted her teeth.

"That's not what this relationship was about," she hissed furiously. "He was a good Catholic guy and rich. Regina, it's about status in a relationship. Those feelings will come later," her mother said sternly.