Chapter 8

As soon as her shift was over, Emma hurried to Regina's house. She couldn't believe that she'd entrusted the girl with her brother.

She'd texted every five minutes asking if everything was alright and Regina had texted her a few pictures of her and Henry.

Even though Emma didn't like Regina, she had to admit she was great with Henry.

But she still couldn't believe she'd allowed Regina into persuading her to let her take care of him.

She didn't know whether she was supposed to ring the doorbell, so she texted Regina saying she was at her house.

Emma had managed to get Regina's phone number, otherwise she really wouldn't have let her take Henry.

She didn't have to wait long until she heard footsteps approaching the door and the door opened.

Regina opened the door further, allowing her inside and put her index finger on her lips, signing that they had to be quiet.

"My family's asleep," Regina said softly and closed the door before she grabbed Emma's hand and pulled her along with her upstairs. "Henry's upstairs."

Emma pulled her hand back from Regina's grip and followed the brunette upstairs. She entered Regina's room and looked around amazed.

Regina's room was almost as big as her entire house. There was a nice, soft carpet on the floor and pearly white drapes. In the corner of the room was a king-size bed, which was neatly made.

She had a gigantic closet in the other corner of the room and a desk that was empty except for her laptop and a small statue of a cross.

Henry was asleep in a small crib. "You have a crib?" Emma asked confused.

Regina collapsed on her bed and nodded as Emma stood close by the door, not wanting to move closer.

"We had one left in the basement. I figured he'd sleep better in that than in his stroller." She leaned on her elbows and cocked her head.

"Do you want to sleep over? It's Saturday tomorrow and Henry's already here," she said and Emma swallowed.

That bed did look tempting.

"No, thank you. We should just work on English and then I'll head home with Henry," she replied and Regina shrugged.

"What you want." She jumped off her bed and grabbed her laptop before she went to sit down on her mattress again. "Come," she said and patted the empty spot next to her.

Emma closed the bedroom door and slowly walked towards Regina.

"I don't bite, come on," Regina said, encouraging Emma to walk faster.

"I'm not so sure of that, though," Emma replied and chuckled softly as she sat down.

Regina flashed her a soft smile before she opened her laptop and turned it on.

"Okay, so we have to come up with three arguments as to why it's good gay marriage is legal," Emma explained. "I have two, number one is: let people do everything they fucking want themselves and number two: we live in the 21st century, let's not be old fashioned about this," Emma said and then sighed softly. "Those are both not good, but we'll work it out."

"Can you help me with my argument as well? I really can't think of a reason as to why it should be legal."

"Why shouldn't it be legal?" Emma asked and furrowed her eyebrows.

"God says it's a sin," Regina muttered and briefly looked at a picture that portrayed some moment in the Bible.

"You're religious, huh?"