Chapter 12

Emma was doing her homework in the library as she did every morning. The school bell was about to ring and she had actually hoped to see Regina.

Since Saturday night, they hadn't talked anymore. Emma had sent one more text saying she'd liked their talk, but Regina hadn't responded anymore.

She hadn't been able to really concentrate on her homework this morning. All she'd done was made sure that every question had an answer, but she didn't care what it was.

"Early as always?"

Emma looked up and saw the school's librarian Mr. Booth entering the library.

"Good morning, Mr. Booth," Emma said with a sincere smile and started packing her stuff.

Usually, she was okay with having a brief, shallow conversation with the man, but at the moment Emma didn't feel like talking to anyone.

Except maybe Regina, but that girl was nowhere to be found.

"Gotta go already, huh?" Mr. Booth questioned as Emma tilted her new bag from the ground.

"Yeah, don't wanna be late," she replied softly. "Bye."

The man looked slightly confused at the blonde as she walked away. Emma made her way over to her class and as she didn't have English, she wasn't in the same class as Regina.

She grabbed her phone and looked at her messages, but she didn't have any new ones.

Emma sighed softly when she saw two girls walking towards her. She knew those were Regina's friends and they held a contemptuous look on their face.

Ashley folded her arms as both girls stopped walking when they'd arrived by Emma and she shared a brief look with Mal.

"So, your Regina's new friend?" She asked and her eyes checked out Emma's body.

Emma shook her head no. "Uh.. no," she replied.

She didn't want to talk to these people.

"Good," Ashley curtly replied and stepped closer to Emma. "You can't handle her."

As much as Emma wanted to say something back to Ashley, she knew it was useless. So, she just faked a smile and nodded curtly, hoping that the girls would go away.

"You should stay away from her," Mal said, but to Emma it sounded as a threat.

Emma rolled her eyes exaggerating and smiled annoyed. "Look, I don't want anything to do with her. You can keep your threats to yourself," Emma said and walked away since the teacher had opened the classroom door.

~~~~

For the next two days, Emma heard nothing of Regina. She hadn't seen the brunette around at school and she didn't reply to her texts.

Her last period was cancelled, because Ms. Fox was sick at home, so Emma had a spare hour.

Ruby didn't know that she was finished earlier, so Emma figured she'd go by Regina's house. Just to check if everything was alright.

She went up to Regina's house, but as she stood in front of the door, she got nervous.

Maybe Regina didn't want to see her?

Her heart pounded loudly as she rang the doorbell and she didn't have to wait long until she heard footsteps coming from inside.

Cora opened the door and a smile immediately appeared on her face.

"Aren't you Emma? That girl from the diner?" She asked kindly and Emma chuckled nervously as she nodded.