Chapter 29

Emma slammed the door shut and kicked off her heels. She leaned with her back against the door and rubbed her aching feet, trying to stop the pain.

She loved her job, but hated walking in heels.

The "first date" technique, to get people's money, was by far her favorite. That's why three weeks ago, she wasn't too reluctant in coming back early to work.

She did feel bad as she hadn't said goodbye to Regina, but she hoped Ruby had given the woman her message.

Emma missed Henry and Ruby just as much as Regina, but the past weeks she hadn't found the time to go back to Storybrooke to meet with them again.

And beside feeling content and in love when she saw Regina, she also felt a pain in her heart, knowing that their kiss had meant nothing and that they couldn't be together.

Emma walked with aching feet to her couch and collapsed on the soft cushions. She started taking off her tight, pink dress and sighed as she crawled under a blanket in her underwear.

She grabbed the remote and put on some cooking show on the TV, even though she barely paid attention.

Three weeks. She hadn't seen or spoken to Regina in three weeks and she was still the only thing Emma could think about.

Emma did have more contact with Ruby, though, and she'd called several times with Henry to ask how he was doing.

The boy missed his big sister, but he was doing great furthermore.

It was times like these that Emma was too lazy and tired to prepare dinner. But eating healthy was one of her priorities and she never got to dinner on her "first dates".

She stood up, still with a blanket securely wrapped around her body, when the doorbell rang.

Emma groaned softly and made her way over to the door. She opened it and looked confused when she saw a somewhat flustered Regina standing in front of her.

"Gina? What are you doing here?" Emma asked confused, but opened the door further to let Regina inside.

"I'm divorced," Regina croaked out and released all her tears.

The past weeks had been a roller coaster of emotions and feelings and right now everything was final. The official papers of the divorce had been finalized a few days ago and Regina had finally gained enough courage to look Emma up.

Emma tried to wrap her arms around Regina with her blanket staying in place, but she failed and ended up pressing her half naked body against Regina's.

The brunette didn't even notice and wrapped her arms around Emma's neck.

"He was angry, Emma," Regina said. "But everything's okay now. After a week or so, he understood and signed the papers. And I know he had a date with someone else yesterday, so he's moved on," Regina whispered.

She wiped away her tears and released Emma. "So. Now, I've cried and now everything's okay."

Emma couldn't help but chuckle and quickly covered her body with the blanket.

"Why don't we sit down and talk," Emma suggested and lead Regina to the couch. The brunette sat down and sniffed. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"Some water, please," Regina said and Emma quickly filled a glass with water and handed Regina the glass, who took one small sip, before she set it down.

"Zelena convinced me to get a divorce. She knew for a long time that I was unhappy with him and when I told her he'd forbidden me to see you and wanted me to stop working, she told me I had to file for divorce. She's said it multiple times before, but for once I had found enough courage to do it," Regina explained.