Chapter two

Shaan can't believe the sight before him. The largest building he has ever set eyes on. A large mansion with so multiple fancy cars parked around it.
'This is your new home, do you like it?' Neil asks Shaan.
'Yeah,' he smiles back. The two of them walk towards the house. As soon as they get to the large main door, Shaan sees a group of poeple standing by the door, as if they were expecting them. They have bright smiles on their faces. Neil slowly walks Shaan closer to them. Infront of the people is a woman dressed in a beautiful brown and black sari. Despite Shaan and his mother also being Indian, they never wore their traditional outfits.
'Meet Shaantanu Kahna Mazumda, the new member of our family,' Neil introduces him to everyone. The beautiful woman infront smiles at him warmly as she holds a tray in her hand.
'Hi, my name is Nevidita, your new Mama,' she hugs Shaan. She takes a tray she had dropped on a side table that Shaan hadn't noticed and attempts to perform a welcoming ritual on Shaan.
Shaan's alarms immediately turn on. He had completely forgotten that his religious beliefs were different from most people in India. Before Nevidita can go further, Shaan takes a large step back. Everyone gasps and stares at him in surprise. He smiles at Nevideta and walks past her. Neil joins him.

To clear the air he introduces him to everyone.
'This is Madhubala, your cousin, and Ranveer, your cousin too. Nevideta is your new Mama. And Tanu is your grandmama. And this is aunt Chanda,' Neil introduces Shaan to his new family members.
'Greetings,' Shaan smiles politely.

The guests are served with food and everyone celebrates the coming of the new family member. But the guests don't easily forget what Shaan did even before he enetered iintones new house.

'I tell you, Nevi, this new son of yours is going to ruin our lives. Did you see? He didn't even let you complete the ritual,' Chanda, Madhubala and Ranveer's mother, whispers to Nevedita.
'Oh, come on. You're too much. Don't be silly, how can such a cute little boy ruin all our lives?' Nevideta smiles as she watches Shaan interact with those around him.
'You just wait and watch,' Chanda says. Nevideta rolls her eyes and walks to Shaan, who's talking to his new grandmother, Tanu. 
'Oh, Nevi, he's such a smart boy,' Grandma Tanu comments.
'I'm sure he is. Tell us about yourself,' Nevideta says to Shaan.
'Me? Well, I... I'm... there's nothing much to say,' Shaan says.
'Come on, I'm sure there's a lot we don't know,' Chanda interferes with an evil smirk on her face. And her heart burning with bitter jealousy for her ten year old twins, daughter Madhubala, better known as Madhu, and son, Ranveer Mazumda. Thinking that the fortune that her children are supposed to get, will now be dominated by Shaan, who is a few months older that Madhu and Ranveer.

'I'm... well, I love to play basketball. But mostly I love spending most of my time with God,' Shaan says, gaining applauds from his surrounding because of his young faith in God. Unknown to them that he is referring to a different God.

Shaan walks around the house, entering the kitchen, he falls upon a young little girl.
'Hi,' she greets him.
'Hi, I'm Shaan,' he presents himself.
'I know. That's why they threw this big party. You're the new son,' the girl says.
'Yes. What's your name?' He asks her.
'Putchki,' she smiles.