Chapter fifteen

Shaan is walking down a hallway, reading some newspaper when he bumps into a happy Paula. He greets her, then attempts to walk away, but she stops him.
'Shaan?' She calls. He turns around to face her.
'Yes?'
'I... I want to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I shouldn't have treated you like that. I'm sorry,' Paula apologizes with sweet eyes.
'It's okay, I understand,' Shaan smiles, then walks back to his room, it's his prayer time.

After another wonderful encounter with the Lord in Shaan's room, as soon as he's getting up from his knees, he receives a deadly knock on his door. As usual, he isnt surprised that he knows who it is. As usual his younger brother Rhidoy barges into his room without Shaan announcing that he can. Behind him follows a meddling Ranveer.
'I already told you that I won't tell you,' Rhidoy tries to get away from Ranveer.
'Brother, tell Ranveer to leave me alone!' Rhidoy hides playfully behind Shaan as Ranveer tries to catch him.
'Hey! See, you're disturbing Shaan during his prayer time,' Ranveer says to Rhidoy.
'Both of you stop acting so childish.' Shaan puts his hands out to stop them.
'Ranveer, why are you tormenting the poor boy's spirit?' Shaan laughs.
'Poor boy? Who, this dummy? He already has a girlfriend while you've never had one, and you still call him a poor boy? Ha!'
'I don't have a girlfriend!' Rhidoy cries.
'Okay, then explain the love letters I found in your room?' Ranveer asks Rhidoy, leaving Shaan fairly confused.
'Ha, so this little devil is up to no good, huh?' Shaan puts his arm over Rhidoy's shoulder and messes his hair up while he tries to get away from him now.
'His lying,' Rhidoy cries. Shaan and Ranveer look at each other with evil smirks, then simultaneously overthrow Rhidoy on Shaan's bed and tickle him until he can't breath.

'Okay! Okay! I'll.... Ill confess! Get off of me first,' Rhidoy yells for Ranveer to take his weight off of him. They both get off, giving Rhidoy an opportunity to escape but Shaan easily catches him and pulls him back.

'Tell us now. Spill the beans.'
'Okay, let me catch my breath. Okay, I won't tell you her name. She's... whoo, you guys are real rough. I think I dislocated my bones. Many bones!'
'Hey, stop procrastinating or we'll dislocate even more bones,' Shaan warns him.
'She's not my girlfriend. I've always liked her ever since I was a kid...' Rhidoy starts with his story.
'Well, you're still a kid,' Shaan cuts in.
'Shaan! Let him finish. I want to hear.'
'She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She's... I love her. And that's all you need to know. Ill make sure to tell you guys more when I'm ready. You two will be the first ones to meet her. But for now, that's it!' Rhidoy says.
'You're such a bore,' Ranveer exclaims.
'Let him be,' Shaan says. 'I'm going to the stables. I want to run around the field with my horse. I'll see you later.'

As Shaan is attending to his horse, Paula appears.
'What are you doing?' She asks him.
'I'm going to catch some air. Wanna join?' Shaan offers.
'Nah, I would rather do something else.' She starts to get closer to Shaan as she speaks, a seductive glare clearly visible on her beautiful face.
'For example we could, you know?' She puts her arms over Shaan's shoulder's and attempts to kiss him. The attempt, resulting to ultimate failure when Shaan quickly grabs her arms and holds them together. Paula's eyes widen in surprise as she stares into Shaan's angry eyes.
'What do you think you're doing?' Shaan bites at her. She manages to pull out of his hold and continues what she started.
'Oh, please! Don't tell me you don't desire me as much as I do you. It's written all over your face, Shantanu. I've seen how you look at me,' she smirks. Playing with the buttons of his shirt.
Shaan stares at her in disgust, but that soon disappears when he figures that she's probably pranking him.
'These aren't the types of jokes to pull on people, Paula, especially not me. But nice try, I almost believed you lost it,' Shaan chuckles.
'Oh, no. I'm not joking at all. I actually think we could have something. A little secret romance?' She smiles.
'What has come over you, Paula? You better stop this game right now. Let that be the first and last time you suggest such utter nonsense.' Shaan walks away, leaving Paula smirking to herself.
'Little by little, dear, Shaan. Just wait and watch how you'll beg me to elope with you. Just wait and watch,' She smiles to herself, walking back inside the house triumphantly.

On her way in she bumps into an angry Shaan, who's about to go out through the main doors with his coat. She stares at him playfully, while he stares at her in emotions he can't make out, but they aren't good. As soon as he walks past her she sees Madhu in the distance staring. She then winks at Madhu and she also winks back.