Ready

"She's not ready yet."

She replied gently and stared out of the café window, her hands rested neatly on her laps.

"When will she be ready then?"

The figure sitting opposite her questioned, with slight annoyance in her voice.

"When she is."

She replied steadily, calmly and her eyes never once flickered like how her heart never once wavered. The figure opposite her shook her head with a sigh and straightened her body.

"It's been 2 freaking years, Lisa! Two freaking years that you've been saying that same old line and I am sick of it if you're not!"

Her friend burst out, throwing her hands into the air as she exclaimed her frustration with her best friend's love life right now. She doesn't understand why she is the one that is getting anxious, worried and nervous about a love life that probably doesn't even concern about her at all. She only knew that this fruitless relationship is going to drain the life out of her best friend if she still doesn't interfere with it.

"Lisa, she doesn't love you at all. Stop deceiving yourself anymore. I really can't stand seeing you in a non – existent relationship. She has never once loved you! Please, take it as I'm begging you, move on alright? Stop whatever you are doing right now; you're hurting yourself way too much."

Lisa tore her gaze from the scenery outside finally before looking at her friend.

"She loves me, Chaeng. I know she does, she's just not ready yet."

Chaeyoung let out a defeated sigh and threw her head back, staring at the ceiling as she counted to ten in her heart, knowing very well that she's losing her cool with her best friend's obstinacy right now.

"You're crazy."

Chaeyoung hissed out before taking a sip of her cold coffee and Lisa merely gave a faint smile, stirring her drink mindlessly.

It's been the same for the past two years. Chaeyoung would always persuade her to give up on this relationship but Lisa would refuse. It's not that she's crazy either, she just know, just understand, just one of her instinct, that the other girl does love her.

Just, she's not ready to love her yet.

 "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry..."

Has Lisa mentioned how she hated these two words so much that she would create a machine to eat up these words whenever it was spoken, so she could never ever hear it again? Especially from the brunette in front of her right now?

"It's alright."

"I'm really sorry, Lisa."

The brunette apologized softly once again, her fingers gripped onto the hem of her shirt guilty and Lisa only shook her head.

"It is fine, Jennie."

Jennie looked up with guilt spread across her face as she saw Lisa staring past her shoulder, with a smile on her face and she closed her eyes painfully.

She had lost count on how many times she had rejected to hold Lisa's hands whenever they were out for the past two years. She had lost count on how many times has she broke Lisa's heart by flinching and pulling her hands away whenever Lisa held onto it.

"I'm rea – "

"The movie is starting soon, let's go."

Lisa cut her off and flashed her a small smile at Jennie before walking towards the theater, a few steps ahead of Jennie and the latter's shoulder slumped in guilt before tagging along behind. She really hated herself for always hurting the girl that loves her so wholeheartedly even when she is broken. She really hated how she could not put the past behind her and moves on.