Chapter 14

Jooheon grew anxious as he decided to know more about Y/n's father. He tried asking the boys which their answers are not that precise.

They kept telling him to stay away from Y/n, just like Bomin. He ruffled his hair as he took his phone and dialled a number.

His finger hovered on the call button, hesitating whether he should call or not. "Whatever you're doing, it's not good neither for you nor Y/n."

Jooheon turned his head around and saw Kihyun looking at him worriedly. "I don't want you to do the same mistake." Jooheon furrowed his eyebrows as he threw his phone.

"How am I supposed to know if you guys didn't tell me?" Kihyun sighed. "Because you're not supposed to know." Jooheon stood up and held Kihyun's collar.

His eyes are glistening with tears, he's confused. He's confused of himself, of his life. "Please tell me, hyung. I can't live like this."

Kihyun's heart softened as Jooheon's grip on his collar slowly loosened. Kihyun held Jooheon's hand and smiled. "Whatever I'm about to tell you is a secret only you and I know. But,  everything that happens next. You're on your own."

Jooheon nodded his head as they both sat down. "Her father is a very famous drug dealer in town. He's also a famous gambler. One day, he put a bet on a race.  That race involves you."

"He wouldn't have hired some people to kill you. He did that after knowing you are dating Y/n. He got some sort of obsession towards his daughter.  He said that he's only being 'overprotective'."

"I know that he didn't like you. But, I don't know why. So before the race happened, you're supposed to meet Y/n and her father at their house."

"But, you got into an accident, making you lost contact with her. Automatically,  that also makes him won the bet. I think he doesn't know that you're still alive."

"That's why I'm warning you to stay away. I know that the both of you doesn't hesitate on saving each other. I never thought that you'll see her again."

Kihyun sighed. "Did she knows about my accident?" Kihyun slowly nodded his head. "She investigate about it on her own. That's why she's living on her own now. But, her father is always watching her."

"But, how did you know about all of this?" Kihyun smiled at Jooheon's question. "I'm quite close with Bomin. He told me everything that Y/n told him."

Jooheon nodded his head. "Do you know where his father is now?" Kihyun shook his head and furrowed his eyebrows, hoping that Jooheon doesn't have some crazy plan.

"Why do you ask?" Jooheon shrugged.

"I'm not gonna stop anything that you want to do, it's your life anyways. But,  please remember that you only have one life. Don't waste it."