Just Give Me a Reason

A/N: As always, votes appreciated. Teehee.

GIF: dailewis on Tumblr

ϟ

"What happened here? Where is she?" Remus stood in front of her room looking like the downright mess he felt. The one dresser and cupboard were thrown open and bare. All their contents had been emptied. There was no sign of life in the room.

"She's gone," Sirius' reply was cold. He leaned against the wall, a drink in his hand simply daring Remus to ask more.

"What do you mean gone?" Remus gulped. 

"I mean, congrats mate. You did it," Sirius raised his glass to Remus mockingly and took a sip.

"What the fuck Sirius?"

"DON'T' YOU DARE WHAT THE FUCK ME REMUS!" In an instant, Sirius abandoned his drink letting the glass shatter on the floor. He pinned Remus against the corridor wall in anger with a forceful thud that shook the few pictures that hung on the wall. His hand was just itching to grab his wand in his back pocket and hex Remus on the spot.

Remus softened his gaze. Sirius could now see his bloodshot eyes, the results of when Remus drank a little too much. Sirius didn't have the will to say anything else. There was nothing he could say to possibly make him feel worse. He could see the guilt in his friend's face.

"Well. I hope you're happy now," he released the werewolf from his grasp and walked off resigned.

A Few Days Ago

"Aww, I can't believe, it's almost time!" Emma beamed. She and Fleur walked back inside the Burrow following a very heavy Sunday brunch. Death Eater attacks were increasing but Molly had insisted on monthly get-togethers for everyone in the Order and the immediate Weasley clan barring the two still at Hogwarts. 

The perfect May weather had been ideal for an outdoor setting, which is what Fleur and Bill were also planning for their pending nuptials soon.

"Please. Eet eez three months away," Fleur said walking up to the sink place the dirty dishes, remnants of their scrumptious meal. With a flick of her wand, she had the dishes washing themselves.

"Yes, but I bet you these will be the fastest 3 months of your life. It will be August 1st before you know it. And soon enough we will see tiny Bills and Fleurs running about as well," Emma giggled at the thought of tiny Fleurs running around the house with their noses up in the air telling people off.

"Alors! Bill wants just ze one. But I've been trying to talk him into two for when ze time comes for us," Fleur said. 

"Well, I'm sure you can be convincing when you want to," she winked at the bride-to-be who just grinned in response and moved on to wiping the dishes now.

"And 'at about you? Don't think we haven't all noticed you and Remus making zem moon eyes at each other," Fleur snorted at her own joke. 

Emma just rolled her eyes trying to hide the blush at the thought of little boys with his sandy hair wreaking havoc.

ϟ

Sometime after the two women headed back, talk about drinks had risen. Remus had offered to grab them from inside and had followed the two ladies back in. 

"Oh..I'm not sure. We've never had that discussion exactly...although I've tried to casually discern his stance on that," he heard Emma's voice as he paused at the back door for a second. He saw her standing against the counter while Fleur did the dishes.