Brazen

Ever get that feeling that someone is following your every move? Well, that's how Emma had been feeling. For the past five months.

Five fucking months.

She groaned in annoyance as she approached the two Marauders who were on watch outside their tent. 

Damn, she thought. She had been hoping to catch Sirius alone. She saw Remus notice her walking over from the corner of her eye, his attention on her.

The past five months of hiding out and being on the run had been nothing short of torture. Not just physically but also emotionally. For both star-crossed lovers.

It didn't help that Remus kept trying to talk to her - something she shot down every time before he could even get a full sentence in. She was good at maintaining her distance. 

But she was sure her heart almost gave in a couple of times. It was really difficult to stay away when he tried his best to be persuasive.

There were a few occasions when they had the same watch duty and a few times when they had to go look for food together. But a quick contemptuous look from her shot down anything he might've been scheming otherwise.

Her heart still pained for him though. There were days when she just wanted to throw herself at him when he approached her. Hell, even her body still craved his touch. The number of times they had been close enough for her to reach out and just grab him had been too many.

Each encounter with her left him more morose about his decision. Each encounter with him left her confused.

Did he want her back?

Would she give in that easily?

She still had no clue as to what was happening between them. She thought she did. But his actions said differently. However, that was one pandora's box she didn't want to open. Especially not in their current circumstance, she considered while readying herself to greet them.

"You're up early," Sirius grinned.

"Hardly," Emma rolled her eyes. "It must be almost 8. I'll take over. You should go rest Sirius, you've been up a while," she said placing a hand on his shoulder as he got up. She looked at Remus who was sitting to his left.

He still had his disheveled bed hair look and was holding on to his cup of hot chocolate, looking at her intently. 

His bed hair does resemble his sex hair. It was the first thought that came to her as her eyes swept over him. Remembering how messy they both looked whenever they went at it a couple of times at night. A small smile tugged at the corner of her lips.

"Someone's eager to get me in bed," Sirius' voice broke her train of thought. He started chuckling until both, she and Remus swiftly turned to glare at him in unison. 

Noticing the mood, Sirius put up his hands as if to admit defeat, "Fine! I'm off to catch up on my beauty sleep. You know where to find me."

"Fuck's sake, they need to just get it over with," Emma heard Sirius mutter under his breath as he disappeared into the tent. At that moment she wondered if it was physically possible to burn holes into someone's head without magic.

She would have loved to.

Without saying anything else, she sat down on the empty chair next to Remus, keeping her wand at the ready. Maybe she'd take a quick dip in the lake later when her shift was over, she thought. It had been two days and the chance didn't come as often.

Between the three of them, they were busy keeping watch, collecting food, stealing newspapers, and arguing over their next move. All while they kept inching closer to Hogwarts. Sirius was adamant that Harry would end up there somehow. They had the bare details on Horcruxes since the boy was adamant about doing it alone with Ron and Hermione.