Feels Like Home

Knock-knock.

Two raps to let the residents of the house in front of him know that he was here. Remus straightened himself and ran a hand through his hair. Dressed in a pair of slacks and a blue shirt, he toyed with the flowers in his other hand. The bouquet of Tulips was just something he had picked up last minute to distract himself from going crazy with nervousness.

The door opened a few moments later to reveal Sirius who sported a shit-eating grin on his face.

"Well well. Look who cleaned up," his friend said smugly stepping aside to let Remus in. 

"Padfoot," Moony said in a no-nonsense voice.

"Finally doing it aren't you guys. Took you long enough," he commented while Remus stood in the small dingy hallway. Sirius almost felt sorry for his best friend. He looked extremely nervous.

Sirius had spent a good part of the last week fielding unannounced visits from Remus at his new job as part-owner of Weasleys Wizard Wheezes. Moony would show up during lunchtime asking him about date ideas until Sirius had finally snapped one day and told him to keep it simple. Remus had left without a word after that, so he really didn't know what his friend had planned in the end.

"Where is she?" Remus peeked around the ground floor trying to spot her and relieved when she didn't show up immediately. It gave him a few extra seconds to prepare himself for the evening.

What if she hated it?

He only got one second chance at this. He did not want to start it off by taking her on a date of horrors.

"Almost ready. You're early," Sirius said when Remus turned to look at him with a concerned expression. "Don't worry about it. You'll be fine," he tried to go the encouraging route.

"It seems you forget that I'm not you. I don't sweep beautiful women off their feet with scandalous promises," Remus retorted. 

"No, but you're better. Not to mention this one's already in love with you," Sirius said making him hold back a small smile at the corner of his lips.

"He's right about that," Emma interrupted them before Remus could get in another word.

Stopping in his tracks he looked up to see her descending down the stairs. It was only yesterday that an almost identical vision had led them to go at it in Sirius' hidden balcony for the very first time. 

Remus' face must have betrayed the same because Emma saw the look on his face and smiled knowingly as if reading his mind.

Her snug red dress showed how she had filled out in the last month and a half since the war had ended. Pregnancy on track, the dress did well to show the swell of her belly making Remus secretly beam in pride that it was his child in there. Her eyes darted between Remus and Sirius shyly before looking at the bouquet in Remus' hands.

He held it out for her to take as she reached the bottom. "For you," he said and she took it, smelling it up close.

"You remembered," she made a quick stop to put them in a vase on the dining table with an Aguamenti charm. She looked at him properly. He looked neater than usual, not that it mattered to her otherwise. He had trimmed his beard down a lot too. She knew he did it for her. She loved how it felt when his stubble prickled the sides of her mouth..and her thighs when he..

"Okay! Off you go- before you two start ripping off each other's clothes in public spaces of my house as usual." With one hand on both their backs, Sirius ushered them towards the door. Now standing outside the door, she held his hand and squeezed it- a small gesture of her excitement.