chapter 19

Dedicated to Zahra :)

°°°°

I prayed it would be Emma at the door.

Maybe with Jake.

Mad at me.

But I wasn't ready for what came into view for sure!

Three burly men rushed inside the room holding guns, pointing right at us.
All the breath got knocked out of me registering the ruthless looks on their faces.

King pushed me behind him making the one in front hold the gun higher,"Don't move!" He shouted.

"Wh-whats happening?" I hiccuped at king's back, trying to process the situation.

He didn't answer.

The temperature of the room dropped prominently to negative degrees and I felt shiver run down my spine.

"Let's go," the man in front said, gesturing his revolver towards the door," and remember," he fixed his gaze on me but then let it rest on king who didn't flinch," one sly move and you're dead three seconds before you even realize it!"

Go where?

"Move!"

I flinched at the man's loud voice and clutched King's sleeve tighter than I thought my finger had strength for.

I felt king envelop his hand on me and unclasped my fingers from his shirt.

My heart sank.

Lowering both of our hands, he left mine and took a step ahead looking at the man in front, " Look I know who's behind all this stupor. But we don't have to drag the girl in this," he threw me a look over his shoulder before resting it on the man again,"I'll go."

The man tsked and passed a meaningful look over his buddies,"I don't think so, pretty boy." He grinned the darkest grin I've ever seen and his belly danced at the little impact of it.

"Pretty boy, my ass!" King let out a growl and rushed forward but the man pointed his gun right at king's heart once again.

" Na'ah!" He shook his index finger of the free hand left and right indicating a wrong move.

"Just because Jay wants both of you alive doesn't mean I'll risk a chance of my men getting deshaped." He threatened with now what seemed like a dead look conveying the words right from his heart.

I gripped his arm once again shaking my head at him when he registered my movement.

I didn't want him to get shot.

Not when he was the only person who could help me get out of this situation.

The next moment the man in black came forward with gun raised in one hand, eyes suspiciously set on king and blindfolded me hurriedly. My hands were collected behind my back and I expected some kind of rope or clutches but then something sharp hit me at my temple as if the ceiling fell down on the side of my head with all of its weight and I felt my head getting lighter than feather.

My body rocked back and forth and muffled voices got registered inside my head but I couldn't make out what was being said and soon darkness consumed me in its vicious laps.

~~~

"Argh!" I clutched my head with both hands and tried to get up before thumping right back down on concrete floor.

"Oomph!" I breathed out in pain grinding my teeth at the impact.

"Easy!" Came familiar voice from somewhere near.