chapter 49

Reaching at Jay's place took the longest minutes of my life.

"Your identity?" The guard stopped me still managing to keep his robotic stance glued in placed.

"As if you haven't seen me ever." I snorted at his face.

His mustache became much bushier over the past few months. But other than that, he's still the same all bones and bush kind.

His eyes trailed down my hospital gown ,down to my now - dirty - bare feet and back up to the wounds decorating my arm and face," identity, sir."

He clipped again, moving his lips bare minimum as if afraid to lose weight from his skeletal stature just by this strainous activity.

I took a step ahead, shoving my face in front of him to allow a one good look of me," king."

His eyes rotated to the sidewalk, skillfully managing to dart themselves away from mine, "your ID card."

Did he really expect me to...

I looked down at my state of borrowed clothes and no shoes.

...fuck it!

Blood rushed up my nostrils and I pinned him with one glare," Card my ass!"

I pushed the guard out of the way and slid the iron bar open. His protests drowning in the protest of the door and I had no patience to convince him that I had no gun shoved under my paper clothes.

Making my way inside, I walked past the other two guards by the huge door which lead into a dim lit hallway.

The neon lights not only created the shadows on the empty walls but also inside my heart as the thoughts encircled my mind.

Their steel grip, keeping me imprisoned. Vulnerable to them to just give in and let them torture me.

Only if what she said about my boys is true...

No!

Something in me was constantly pleading not let it take over my rational senses.

They couldn't go behind my back and create a treaty with that bastard leader in Jay's place.

I stopped at the door.

The hallway passed away in a blink and I almost didn't realize walking all the way up to this door.

Without a knock, I twisted the knob and pushed the door open to a room lit in color of blood.

This place used to be like my second home.

Now it made me nauseous.

"Look who's here!"

I frowned at the figure sitting behind the pile of papers spread on the square table.

Mischief danced in his sharp eyes as he looked at me from under skyward eyebrows. Elbows resting on the armrests, fingers crossed.

His eyes darted towards right.

That's the first time I sensed the heavy tension floating around in thick air.

Following his gaze I found what I was dreading.

Every cell in me froze and my feet suddenly weighed the sins of the entire universe combined.

I looked from Sam to Che to Marcus. Sprawled casually on the chairs as if it was their own bedroom.

Everything else in the room forgotten.

All of them equally surprised to find me here.

I opened my mouth to say something. Anything. What were those questions I was supposed to ask them? The accusations at least!