::7::

Jungkook's pov

"Why are you so clingy today?" he laughed, his honey dripping, yet deep voice resonated throughout the living room. His eyes were gone a long ago, leaving only two cute looking crescents.

"I'm not!" I said pouting. The movie which was playing on the screen forgotten long back, both of us cuddling on the corner of the couch even though the couch was long.

"Whatever floats your boat, baby" he said in a deep voice--teasing, knowing what I wanted. I whined instead of a proper reply, laying my head still on his chest, side hugging him.

"Look at me" he said in a soft but a commanding tone. I didn't look up instead tightened my grip around him clinging like a baby monkey.

"I said look at me" he used his alpha voice this time which gives me no other choice but to be submissive and obey him. Glad I was sitting, if not my legs would've given up on me long back. 

"Y-Yes?" I looked up at him cursing internally to have stuttered.

He leaned slowly teasing me, but finally, placed his plump, cherry like lips on mine,--finally. His lips stayed still for a few seconds which felt like an eternity and he started moving them, those sinful lips. I too, started kissing back, my hands finding its way to the nape of his neck and his hands--one on my waist and the other placed on my face, caressing the cheek gently with love. We moved our lips in sync like every time but it was still incomplete. 

Yes, Park Jimin is not my mate and I'm very well aware of that fact. Jimin, when he turned 18 according to the lunar calendar, confessed that he didn't find my scent that attractive and I was not his mate. But he still loved me. We very well knew that someday our mates will come to us but we didn't care, we just wanted to savour each others lips at the moment.

A loud thud was heard inside the living room which made us pull away immediately, jolting a bit. The thud sound came from the side door which led to the garden. After glancing at each other for a few seconds we both stood up from the couch leaving the blankets in which we were draped a few minutes ago on the couch and made our way towards the garden. In a few meters away both Hobi hyung and Taetae was sitting on the grass hugging one another. Hobi hyung's face had only one expression; worrisome. I couldn't see Taetae's face though since his back was facing us. We slowly walked towards them sensing the thick tension in air.

What is wrong with everyone today?

"I don't want my mate to kiss someone else!" Tae mumbled silently yet clear for us to hear in a little distance too.

"Mate!?" Hobi hyung literally yelled his eyes widening.

Wait, Mate!?

At that moment I felt true happiness. My best friend has finally found his mate but he was crying, Why!? 

"I don't want my Beta kissing some other man" he cried. As those words left his mouth I felt my heart breaking. His mate was kissing someone else? Who could even take that? All my face showed was sadness but Hobi hyung's expression was different. He was shocked..?

Did he know Tae's mate?

"Beta? So J-"

"Yes hyung, Jungkook is my mate" he said loud. 

"What!?" I yelled unable to hold the emotions that were rising inside me, I felt a lump settling on my throat at that moment. He turned around his eyes red, puffy eyes were opened wide in shock.

"Kook is your mate?" Jimin asked a little too calm for the situation. 

"No!" I answered before he could utter a word.