Chapter 6- Our Motive

It has been three days now since our imprisonment at Hope's Peak. No news on our escape out of here. We were all still completely clueless on how to escape this place.

Nobody was dead yet, so that seemed to be the bright side of our situation. I just hoped we could stay positive longer so we wouldn't be driven insane to murder another.

The only thing we found inside the school was the incinerator, a likely place to destroy any evidence, and the Multimedia room as well. Both were not of much use at the moment since nothing interesting has happened.

I just had to hope we would find something soon.

"Ugh! Damn it! I'm telling you, no matter how many times I look, I come up with squat!" Leon said while scratching his head when we were all seated inside the cafeteria for our third meeting on anything new here.

"It seems we are all like that," I sighed as I laid my chin against the tables surface while a small pout shown on my face.

We couldn't find anything. This place was starting to get to me when we barely had any sort of entertainment to keep us busy instead of just looking around aimlessly and talking to one another. I spent most of my time with Aoi and Sakura. Along with some brief conversations with Makoto in the cafeteria for lunch. I was starting to loose hope that we could even leave this place.

"We're stuck. We're never getting out of here. No one's coming to help us," Chihiro whimpered while tears filled her eyes. I raised my head to look over at her with a worried expression. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. She seemed to be more scared than any of us here. I just hoped she would be okay for the time being.

"Aw, chin up, Fujisaki! Someone on the outside is bound to start missing us soon!" Aoi said in a hopeful voice as she laid a hand on Chihiro's back to help sooth her.

"Why didn't we think of that sooner?!" I said with raised eyebrows, and for the first time in quite a bit, hope filled my voice as I looked over at Aoi. People had to realize that we've been missing for quite some time now. Surely the police had to be looking for us. Along with our parents, what about them? Surely they were worried that we didn't show up home after school.

"You think so?" Junko asked with a furrowed brow.

"Well, we've been gone long enough to raise the alarms. We're talking three days! The police are bound to be closing the net on this place!" Aoi said hopefully as she gazed at everyone with a determined face.

"I'm sure they'll come sooner or later when realizing we've gone missing," I said with a smile.

"Dear, oh dear," I heard the familiar cheery scratchy voice from the end of the table and I looked over with widened eyes as Monokuma appeared as if from no where. I gasped as I looked over frightened at Monokuma. What did this bear want? "You're not hedging your bets on law enforcement? You know, it's quite simple. If you want out of here, all I gotta see is a little initiative."

"We won't kill each other if that's what you're saying!" I said with an angered expression as I clenched my fist at my side.

"Well, you kids are taking this situation better than expected. You've all got the balls when it comes to dealing with authority. Frankly though, that attitude only goes so far. You're boring me to tears," Monokuma said while waving his arms dramatically around him.

"If you think you can trick us into killing someone, you're crazier than I thought!" Makoto said with a similar angered expression to mine as he glared at the robotic bear at the table.

"Eureka! That's the problem! Granted, my setup's perfect: the right atmosphere, a good balance of tension and intrigue, the perfect amount of pressure, but not the vital ingredients to bring it all together!" Monokuma said, his voicing lightening as he spoke his thoughts aloud.