Chapter 21- Alter Ego

(A/N) I just wanted to say that chapters may not post daily every Monday since school started and I have been hard at work. But I promise I'll try and get a chapter to you guys as daily as possible.

"What do you mean?" Sakura asked Aoi shocked as I couldn't believe what she was saying as well.

Aoi saw Chihiro's ghost?! But that's impossible! I never really believed in that kind of paranormal stuff such as ghosts and such, but Aoi sounded so serious, it was hard to believe that she was actually telling the truth. But then again, there was a talking bear locking them inside a high school, so I guess anything is possible.

"Y-You saw a g-ghost?!" Yasuhiro said with widened eyes, as if he actually believed Aoi's words.

"What do you mean?" Celeste asked calmly.

"You guys think I'm crazy when I say this-" Aoi started again as I didn't want to say my best friend was crazy, but she was sort of acting like it when saying Chihiro's ghost was lurking around here somewhere.

"Of course you're crazy! L-Like there's anyway ghosts exist!" Toko said harshly and Aoi frowned softly.

"Or she is possibly tricking us into believing that," Byakuya said calmly as he pushed up his glasses.

I didn't know why Aoi would lie about something like that as I saw her disappointed face as everyone seemed to disagree with Ali's claim. Maybe Aoi really did see something, but I didn't want to believe that it was a ghost. Perhaps a blur of light or something because it was impossible for ghosts to actually exist. After all, I never actually believed in ghosts.

But if Aoi was telling the truth and actually saw a ghost then that meant Chihiro's spirit was somewhere here inside this school... Wait, what am I saying?! He can't possibly come backs as a ghost, there was no way.

I wrapped my hand tightly around Chihiro's necklace on my chest as I thought to myself about it. Maybe it's best if we investigate the matter just in case.

"Where exactly did you see this 'ghost', Hina?" I asked her calmly as she raised her eyebrows at me in a way shocked that I actually believed what she was telling us.

I didn't want to admit it, but I actually believed she saw something and was telling us the truth about it. After all, I'm an actress and it's pretty easy for me to read other people's emotions. And when I look into Aoi's eyes, she isn't lying to me and I know that.

"I-I saw it... inside the bathhouse," She answered with a nervous gaze.

"An odd place to find a spirit," Hifumi commented and I tried not to glare at him but kept my attention on Aoi instead.

"You aren't actually thinking we should..." Byakuya started as he looked at me.

"Let's just check the bathhouse just to be safe," I said to everyone as some looked shocked by what I said.

"N-No way I'm checking there! Y-You're saying shit!" Yasuhiro said with the same scared face on. Gosh, he seemed easily spooked by this paranormal talk.

"Why would there be a spirit of a deceased student here in the first place?" Celeste asked calmly as she twirled a finger in her hair and I was starting to see that as a habit of hers. "The deceased souls can't possibly come back as ghosts."

I rolled my eyes softly. Everyone was talking this too literally and that wasn't what I meant at all. Perhaps Aoi actually found something useful that we may need to see. It was probably just some conclusion she reached saying it was Chihiro's ghost when seeing whatever the hell it was. I would rather try to look and see what it could have possibly been.