Chapter 36- A Bloody Classroom

That night I passed out in my bed almost immediately.

I didn't even realize how tired I was once I closed my eyes and laid my head down on the pillow. All the exhaustion from yesterday's events really tired me out and I was glad to finally have a good night's rest.

Because for once in a long time, I was certain nothing else bad would happen.

Sakura's dying message touched everyone's hearts. The trust and faith she put in all of us really moved every single one of us.

I was determined to get out of here. Not just for Sakura, but for Chihiro as well. I still had to keep that promise to him and make sure that I did everything I could for him.

Soon enough, I could hear the morning announcement interrupt my rest. I moaned softly as Monokuma's annoying voice rang throughout the speakers. Alarming us that it was now morning and now we had to start our day.

I opened my eyes softly and moaned to myself. Morning already... It seemed time flew by when your eyes were closed and you were sleeping restlessly throughout the night.

A small yawn escaped my mouth as I sat up in bed. I rubbed my tired eyes as I then saw the familiar brown-haired figure get up besides me. A yawn escaping from their mouth as well.

"Hina, I thought you went to your room last night," I said to her as she looked over at me.

"Sorry... I've must've fallen asleep on accident," Aoi said with a nervous laugh.

So... me and Aoi fell asleep in the same bed it seemed. That wasn't exactly weird seeing as we were good friends, but if it were someone else, then the situation would look pretty different.

I almost forgot about how Aoi came to my room crying last night. She seemed really upset over Sakura's death and it made complete sense to me. Her and Sakura are the best of friends and seeing her die must've been hard for Aoi.

It was the same way for me when Chihiro died. So I understood completely how Aoi felt.

Me and her were together throughout the entire night. We were just keeping each other company while crying over anything we could really think of. But sometimes we were able to smile and laugh, but it felt like a depressing mood overall.

"I'm still so tired," Aoi said as she got out of the bed, her brown hair falling down her shoulders and she got her red jacket from off the ground, putting it around her body. "And sorry if sleeping in the same room as you seemed weird. I just did that before with Sakura and—"

"No, it's completely fine," I said, waving it off as I got out of bed as well. "You were stressed and I would feel bad just kicking you out to sleep. You aren't a bad sleeping companion though."

Aoi then smiled softly at me. "I think that sounded a little weirder than you thought."

"Ha, ha. Alright! You knew what I meant," I said as I rolled my eyes softly. Then something suddenly came to me as I started stretching my arms. "Hey, you know, a new floor should be open now."

"Oh, yeah! You're right! Wanna go explore it together!" Aoi asked me with a bright smile.

"I don't see why we can't!" I said with a bright smile as well. "But, perhaps we should get our hair done and look proper before heading up there."

"Oh yeah. I almost forgot about that," Aoi said as she sighed deeply. "And also, we should get some breakfast as well. I'm starving."