Epilogue

I looked towards the door in front of me.

Everyone was meeting up in the main hall in about ten more minutes. The memory of the final trial still played in my head.

Junko getting executed. She was crushed to death with her blood splattering everywhere. She also left the button behind to get out of this building. And so, everyone agreed to meet up there soon.

The air purifier, just as Junko said, has shut down completely. It wasn't working anymore as soon as she died, so, we would be running out of air sometimes soon and so we had to leave almost instantly.

But, Makoto gave me time to check something. I just wanted to check on something for only a couple of minutes. To see what was inside this room.

I looked up at the doorway once again. I could see the sketch of Junko stuck to the door and it made me tense up with nervousness.

This was Mukuro's room.

I wanted to check inside for only a moment. I wanted to see if there was anything inside that could prove I was an Enoshima. Anything at all. I needed to know what was inside this room.

I took a deep breath in. I couldn't just stand here the entire time or I would be wasting everyone else's time. And especially since they are all probably waiting on me.

So, I put my hand to the doorknob. The cold brass hit my fingers and I turned the handle, causing the door to open up fully.

I looked to see what was inside. It looked like a normal dorm room. Everything inside of it was completely normal and something you would find in any other dorm room in this building.

I bit my lip softly as I entered the room and started looking around quickly. I looked around everywhere I could. That included, drawers, cabinets, under the bed, anywhere that I could easily access it.

I kept looking for quite a bit of time. I just wanted to find something. Some kind of clue that could give me the answer.

Was I really Junko and Mukuro's older sister?

I continued looking and looking. Aimlessly checking the closet and bathroom area too.

The final place I haven't checked was her desk in the back corner of the room. I walked towards it fast since I knew I was running out of time.

I opened up the first drawer I saw and found nothing. Next, nothing as well. And so, I turned to the last one near the ground. The last drawer that I haven't checked and needed to see if something was inside of it.

I didn't have much hope left inside my body that I would find something there. But I guess I shouldn't have let my hopes too far down as I opened it up and was greeted by an unusual sight.

Inside of the drawer, was a small picture. A picture that seemed to be abandoned with dust covering it and nothing else was inside of the drawer.

I looked at it with a furrowed brow as I reached my hand down into the drawer and took out the picture. Holding it in my hand and looking down at it.

I brushed off a little bit of the dust to see it clearly and my mouth opened in a small gap once it was revealed to me.

It was a picture of what must have been Junko and Mukuro. Both girls were wearing school uniforms with a bright smile across their faces.

Mukuro's short brown hair was reaching down her face and she only smiled softly at the camera. Junko, on the other hand, had her arm wrapped around Mukuro's shoulder and smiled brightly, her teeth showing and her other hand holding up a peace sign.