Chapter 31- Jealousy

I felt my eyelids start to open yet again. The heavy feeling of my eyelids started to open and surrounding the darkness around me in a bright light that engulfed me whole.

I moaned softly at this. My body was stirring as my eyelids felt heavy and fought against my vision as my eyes blinked softly. Was it really already morning...?

What time was it anyway? I felt almost felt like I barely got five minutes of sleep in my room over the course of one night.

My body was curled up in a small ball with my heavy against a pillow. No blanket surrounded my body and I wasn't even undressed.

My hair flopped out of its braid and fell down my shoulder and down my back as well. The small piece of hair brushed against my cheek as always as I tried to ignore it.

More sleep... I just wanted some more sleep...

I just didn't want to get up anymore. I couldn't find any point in doing it. If I got up I would just find myself on the same bed in less than a few hours later.

How long could I even take being in this prison of a school...? I thought this as I gazed at the metal plate blocking the view from my window. So many people died already, who was next on the list of victims?

Maybe someone was planning another's murder right at this very moment. Perhaps I was the victim in their set-up. I had no idea. I didn't care. I didn't care one bit.

My body was heavy and my muscles ached with a small pain. I could feel drool starting to travel down my cheek as I closed my eyes again and was succumb by darkness for the second time...

Just a few more moments of sleep before I wake up—

A banging sound at the door of my room interrupted my drowsy thoughts. I felt myself force my eyelids open yet again to move my gaze over towards the door of my room.

I could hear banging continue as it seemed forced and pretty loud. I moaned softly in complaint at this and took my pillow, covering my ears to block the sound.

"Not now," I moaned softly as I tried to block out the sound.

I was too tired. I didn't feel like getting up just yet... I wanted to at least rest my eyes for a little before starting my day...

"Haiyū, it's me! Hina! Are you in there?!" I could make out the high-pitched sound of Aoi from the other side of the doorway. She seemed energetic as always as the banging continued.

"It's too early! Go back to sleep!" I yelled towards the doorway before closing my eyes yet again.

"It's almost noon! Come on! At least try and not to be a lazy bum!" Aoi's voice said as she knocked on the door yet again. And another moan of complaint escaped my mouth because of this. "A new floor opened up! We have to go explore!"

"I'll check it out later. I just want some sleep is all," I replied as I tried and close my eyes yet again.

I felt myself go back to sleep again. My eyelids closed shut and I didn't want to open them anymore. No more interruptions kept me awake and now I could finally sleep and not be interrupted by anything at all—

"Come on! Get out of bed!"

A sudden force then lunges onto my tired body. I jolted awake immediately by this as someone suddenly lunged on top of my body and laying their chest against my back.

A foot hit against the back of my head. Coincidentally, the same spot where my bruise was starting to form from the events of yesterday. I held back a complaint from this as I had more problems on my hand.