Chapter 12- Haiyū's Crush

I devised a plan for today to avoid seeing Byakuya's annoying face in the library so I could read at least a chapter of a book.

I woke up early in the morning, around the same time the Monokuma announcement came on as I quickly put up my hair and tied my shoes and headed out the door.

A few early morning people were awake as soon as the announcement came on, such as Chihiro, and as I passed her, she thanked me for the advice yesterday as she seemed to be a bright and cheerful mood as I walked up the stairs and onto the second floor.

I just had to hope Byakuya wasn't awake yet as I made my way towards the library. All I really wanted was to read a book in peace without any disruptions. Not that Byakuya was a disruption, it was just that his presence in the same room as me seemed a bit awkward.

As I opened the door to the library and gazed inside, I found myself sighing deeply as I looked over at the table to find Byakuya sitting in the same chair as yesterday with a book in front of him. Great.

I walked in and gazed at him with a disgusted glare as he noticed me enter. "You're here..."

"You are too. I thought you would have not come back," Byakuya said in a sigh as I walked passed the bookshelves and grabbed the same book I read yesterday and made my way to Byakuya's table. The least Monokuma could do is give more seating options in here...

"I came early so I didn't have to see you... It's easier to read in here than my room," I answered as I walked over.

"Agreeable..." Byakuya said as he gazed down at his book.

"Look at that. We have something in common," I said sarcastically as I sat down and opened the book in front of me to start reading.

Minutes passed by in silence as I kept myself embraced in the wise words of Shakespeare's plays as I remembered all my amazing performances as a kid. The only thing I really enjoyed until I stepped off the stage and went back to my family...

How my parents were abusive and always gave me beatings after a performance when I wasn't good enough. Because I wasn't strong enough... And was as delicate as a flower... I didn't want that... So I tried to become stronger but it never worked out as all I remembered was sometime in grade school, someone saved me from these beatings... I couldn't remember who it was... But all I knew was that I was grateful to them. Whoever it was...

I was then snapped out of my thoughts as Byakuya started talking to someone else inside the library, but I couldn't see who. "Fukawa, could you be any more obvious?"

I looked behind me with a furrowed brow as I then saw Toko standing behind a bookshelf and staring directly at the two of us. I looked at her confused as Byakuya continued talking. "The sight of you repulses next. But I can smell you from here. Take a shower."

Toko looked shocked at Byakuya as I heard her gasp softly as a blush shown on her face and drool was almost falling down her chin. How long was she looking at us? And how come I didn't notice it?

"Don't make me repeat myself," Byakuya said to Toko as he continued to gaze down at his book. "Just do as I tell you. Your stench is an insult."

I then looked over at Toko as she looked down at the ground with a sad look as she walked out of the library with her head hanging down. I looked back over at Byakuya as he continued staring at his book. How could he be so mean to people?! She wasn't doing anything! Well, sure she was being a little creepy standing there with drool dripping down her chin but it didn't mean he had to throw an insult at her.

"You didn't have to be rude," I spoke up as Byakuya glared at me with an annoyed look. I didn't like Toko all that much, but it didn't mean that she deserved those offensive words. "You could politely ask her to leave."