Chapter 25- Sick of Death

I felt my eyes open up and my body was heavy as I adjusted them to look around me and I sighed deeply.

I was laying on my desk with my cheek pressed against the wood and the book I was reading last night still open in front of me with the page I must have been reading before I drifted off into sleep.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I got up from my desk and looked up at the time on my clock and saw it read 6:40 a.m.

So I slept quite a bit since I got to my room around seven yesterday and read for about an hour before drifting off into sleep. I wanted to go back to sleep on my bed but I felt wide awake so I decided just to start my day early as I walked out of my room and into the hallway.

I looked around and found the hallway so quiet it was a little haunting and creepy as I knew almost everyone was still asleep so I walked towards the dining hall door and wait in there until everyone else was awake.

I put my hand to the doorknob and tried to turn it as I found it jammed tight shut and I couldn't get the door open even as much as I tugged against it, it wouldn't budge.

Oh right, the dining hall is closed until the morning announcement, I completely forgot.

Well, there was always another place that had food inside it as I found myself starving and I made my way towards the dorm warehouse on the other side of the hallway and entered the massive place.

It was so dark in there I could barely see and I stepped over cartons of so many things it was hard to tell what this place didn't have.

I looked around the shelves at all the scattered supplies and snacking food they didn't put into the kitchen for reasons I didn't know as I spotted a box of tea bags behind a canned soup and I grabbed hold of it and brought it out to gaze inside.

This could work but I didn't have any water or something to boil it so I decided to put it back and continued to look around the shelves at the many things but it sadly wasn't like the food in the kitchen as most of it was canned.

"Henka?" I heard a calm female voice say questioningly.

I turned around, startled from the sudden voice that entered the dorm warehouse that broke the quiet peace in the room and I looked over to see Celeste enter and notice me inside.

"What are you doing up so early?" She asked me as she came up to me.

"I'm not tired," I answered as I looked at her with a furrowed brow. "What about you?"

"I'm an early riser," Celeste answered with a calm smile as I still felt a little uneasy from Celeste being up this early in the morning. "And I thought I may as well get something to eat seeing as the dining hall doesn't open until morning."

Celeste then moved passed me and started looking through all the shelves in the room and I found myself become awkward by this uneasy silence so I decided to go back to checking the warehouse shelves as the two of us stayed quiet for quite a bit of time.

"Most of this stuff seems useless, does it not?" Celeste said as she examined a metal can filled with green peas. "Without a stove you cannot use many of these things."

"Y-Yeah. I will probably just get a bag of chips or something," I said with a nervous feeling entering my body as I looked at all the scattered things on the shelves.

Celeste barely ever talked to me like this and it felt a little awkward as I looked over at her and she barely even seemed to be looking around the shelves and I found myself curious of what Celeste could be looking for in here when we have been in here for about ten minutes now and her presence kept making me feel more and more awkward by the second.