Chapter 10- First Trial

(A/N) Sorry for the SUPER long chapter. The class trials are pretty long and a lot of information was pretty important for me not to cut out.

I walked into the room with everyone else as we gazed around the room in awe and shock.

The room seemed to be large and circular as in the middle of the room were podiums standing side by side to one another as they formed a circle. The walls were decorated with a pink checkered design that seemed to be giving off a scary aura as I didn't take the time to looked amazed by the room.

Somebody here murdered Sayaka, and they knew it. I was ready to prove them guilty no matter what it takes. It was what Sayaka would have wanted... The short time we spent together while here seemed to be a memory I will remember forever. How her life was sacrificed so somebody could leave here alone. I was ready to find out who it was.

"Goodie gumdrop! Took your time I see," I looked over to see Monokuma sitting on some sort of throne on the other side of the room that could overlook everyone else's podiums below. "Be honest, now; you expected something considerably less tasteful."

"Either way, some form of death comes out of this," I said, trying to stay calm as I felt a bead of sweat drip down my forehead yet again. I felt nervous if I were to get this wrong, that meant everyone else were to die as well. And especially since more than half our class thinks Makoto was the one to murder Sayaka, I had to proceed with caution.

"Before we start... I have a question relevant to our task," Kyoko said as she then gazed at two portraits hung on two separate podiums. "Why the portraits?"

As I looked over at the portraits. I saw one holding a picture of Sayaka with a bright smile on her face as it was in black and white. She had no idea she was going to die in the later future when that picture was taken. And the other portrait. That one held Junko's sassy look as it too was colored in black and white. Both of them didn't deserve to die... Why did this have to be so cruel...

"Why not? Just 'cause they're dead, I'd hate for them to miss the proceedings," Monokuma explained as I felt myself become a bit sad for the two dead students. It felt like Sayaka was still here, waiting for us to find out who murdered her. I wanted to make her proud, even if dead.

"And the extra podium belong to whom?" Celeste asked as she pointed towards a seventeenth podium in the circle. "Counting our departed classmates, we number sixteen. Why seventeen places?"

I looked up at the bear confused as well. Was somebody else supposed to be here? Or was it a simple mistake while making the courtroom?

"You're reading too much into it, darling," Monokuma said, shrugging off the question. "The extra podium just means this courtroom is tricked out for a maximum of seventeen jurors. Speaking of which: That's all the time we've got for pleasantries. So, everyone please move to your assigned podiums, and ladies and gentlemen, time to get judicial!"

We then all went to where our assigned podiums were and I found mine standing next to Taka and the dead portrait of Junko beside me. When looking over at her smiling photo, I felt fear rush through me. I worried what might happen if I were to get this wrong. We would all die, except the murderer. I didn't want to die... Nobody really does... But I had to find out who murdered Sayaka, who didn't deserve to die so that me and everyone else could live.

Standing on the podium made me nervous as I gazed at everyone else standing on theirs as well. I felt like I was on a show and all the pressure was put on me as I tried to stay calm.

"This is jacked up... Nobody here really thinks one of us killed her?" Makoto asked as he gazed nervously at everyone.

"It has to be one of us. No one else could have killed her except some idiot coward here," I said with crossed arms as I glared at everyone around the room.