Chapter 35- Suicide...?

"So, what'd you think, sleuths? Do you send another guilty classmate to their awesomely high-concept death? Or do you blow it and get snuffled out en masse? Well, only one way to find out, am I right?! Let the wild accusations and finger-pointing begin!" Monokuma announced on his throne.

I looked at everyone behind their podiums. The trial just started with Monokuma's announcement and I observed everyone here when it started.

Someone here killed Sakura. That much I knew. I didn't understand why they would kill someone like Sakura though. She was caring and nice and she may have been working with Monokuma, but she didn't have a choice. She did it to protect someone.

And Sakura was selfless from doing an action like that! She didn't deserve to die and yet someone was cold and cruel and killed her themselves.

There was so much evidence I collected during my investigation. Everything that I gathered. Everything that I found during the investigation would have to be used during this trial.

I had to figure out who killed Sakura. That much I promised to do for her.

I promise I'll figure out who killed you, Sakura!

"The killer is Fukawa, Togami, or Hagakure!" Aoi announced as she gave each of those individuals a deadly glare. "They were at the scene! Sakura asked all three of them to meet her in the rec room!"

"Hina, you did say that Sakura invited all three of them... But, I want to hear it from them themselves," I said as I turned my head towards the three individuals. "Did you, or did you not go to see Sakura in the rec room?"

"While it's true enough that she summoned me, I wasn't foolish enough to go," Byakuya replied as he pushed up his glasses. Well, that did sound like Byakuya not to show up to a meeting like that. And I found no evidence that could contradict that statement.

"Y-Yeah! I skipped out, too!" Yasuhiro explained with a nervous look upon his face.

"Hah! Really...? Then I must've seen your clone! Hagakure is guilty as hell!" Toko exclaimed and pointing a violent finger at Yasuhiro.

"Y-You... you saw all of that?!" Yasuhiro asked shocked.

"Oh yeah!" Toko replied.

"Okay, slow down!" I said quickly as I looked at the two confused.

"What exactly happened?" Makoto asked with a furrowed brow.

"Okay, soooo... Ogami wanted to talk to me alone. But... I chickened out when I got to the room, and I hid in a locker instead. And then... he smashed a bottle against her head!" Toko explained to all of us.

"So, that explains the broken bottle I found on the ground. And I suppose the handprint markings inside the locker must have been you then?" I asked Toko.

"Hmph... I suppose you could say that," Toko said as she turned away from me.

"So... you killed my friend!" Aoi yelled over at Yasuhiro.

"Huh?! No way!" Yasuhiro said with an even more scared look upon his face.

"You bastard! I hope you go out screaming! What're we waiting for? Let's put it to a vote!" Aoi said to everyone.

Why was Aoi rushing this? Why did she seem so keen to end this trial and make sure that the killer is found out? Sure, Sakura was the one who died and Aoi was her closest friend, but it seemed odd for Aoi to act like this. She never acted this way towards everyone else's deaths and yet now this sudden behavior came from no where. Again, I couldn't really blame her though. Her closest friend died just last night and she would want to take revenge. But, we had to look at all the evidence before actually deciding.