Chapter 33- Genocide Sho Attacks

My eyes opened up yet again when I wished they could just stay closed.

I was laying on top of my bed. My uniform still fully on my body and my falling down my face in messy tangles.

When my eyes opened up, I didn't know if I could even move. I didn't know if I had the strength to face today.

Just yesterday I found out one of my closest friends here was really a traitor and was working with Monokuma. I didn't want to believe it, but I had to face the fact that Sakura may not be the friend I thought she was.

It took all my strength to make it into my room before breaking out into tears. I sobbed over Sakura's betrayal. I cried over the fact that I was still stuck in this school with no way out. I cried about things I couldn't even name at the moment.

I didn't know who I could trust anymore. I didn't know if it was even possible for me to trust myself. Who would betray me next? That's all I could wonder inside my mind.

The cold hard truth hit me yet again in the face. The fact that I didn't know these people that well. The fact that I didn't know what these people really were.

Just yesterday, I was starting to question my relationship choices with Byakuya. Was it even right that I started to developer feelings for him? Did he really have a heart behind that hard shell he hides himself under? Or was it all just a lie too...?

I just didn't want to get out of bed. I didn't want to face Sakura and see her today. I didn't want to see what she was going through now who might be dead at the moment.

Maybe I could just live out the rest of my days in this room...

But my stomach seemed to have other plans. I felt my stomach start to roar out in hunger as I moaned softly at this.

Why did I have to be hungry now?

I was absolutely starving at the moment. I didn't have anything to eat yesterday since it was a day filled with drama and despair. The moment I reach my hopes up too high, a despair came and crushed those happy feelings to dust.

But, maybe it was best if I got some food.

Even though I may not live any longer inside this building, I wanted to at least make sure I had enough food inside of me to live through it.

I finally found my strength to get out of my comfortable bed. My bones and muscles aches with pain as I stretched them out as wide as I could and I rubbed my tired eyes.

And I then walked out of my room...

Little did I know once I stepped foot out into the hallway, that I was in for more than just a normal day today...

I walked down the hallway silently as my footsteps echoed all around me. The silence was a bit unnerving as I used to remember the days where these halls were filled with lively students going about their day.

But, now there were only seven people now alive when their were originally sixteen.

How did it become like this, I wonder?

I moved to the cafeteria area and inside to see some familiar faces to start off my day.

I wished I haven't seen them at all actually as I saw Yasuhiro, Toko, and Aoi inside there. All of them were sitting apart from one another and going about their business in silence.

I was a little shocked to see Toko here out of everywhere. I thought that she was a lost puppy and followed Byakuya wherever he went. But, it seemed like Toko had her own plans for today.