Chapter 16- The Genocide Sho files

We were all gathered around Chihiro's body. Makoto grabbed everyone a few minutes ago and now it was time for the investigation.

Of course, at first sight, Toko fainted from the sight of blood and Sakura was kind enough to carry her back to her own room.

Once everyone was here, we started investigating the room.

I stayed back as I watched Kyoko examine the body. She was pretty good at looking at the dead body without vomiting in any sort of way. Mostly everyone else was in the room as well. Searching the place top to bottom. I wanted to search as well, but once I glanced at Chihiro's body I bailed out.

Chihiro was my friend and now she was dead. That was another friend gone and wasn't coming back. Mondo or Byakuya were the ones that most likely have done this. I eyed Mondo as he stood away from the group for quite some time and investigating away from Chihiro's body.

But, then again. There was somebody else beside Mondo who could have done this as I looked over at Byakuya standing away from the group as well since he probably got a thorough investigation in before I was ever invited to his little tampering with the dead body. Why did he even choose me to come along anyways? That was what bothered me the most.

I promised Chihiro that we would both get out of this hell hole. But, now she was gone and I was alive. I remembered her words that she told me...

"And if I don't make it out... Promise you will. For me."

I made that promise with Chihiro. That if she didn't make it out of here. I would for her. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case but because of Mondo's cowardly moves, I was forced to find a way out of here for Chihiro. Because I promised that. And I wasn't about to break that promise.

I thought about telling someone about my help in this crime. But who could I trust to tell? Aoi? Sakura? Makoto? I don't know if any of them would believe me. So, I just kept my mouth shut.

"Hey," I heard Makoto's voice and I looked over from my little spot against the wall to see him walk towards me. "You doing okay?"

"I'm fine," I said. That was clearly a lie. I wasn't fine. My close friend was now dead and I had to push through it to investigate this place.

"You haven't really been doing much since we found the body," Makoto said with a concerned look.

"I-It's nothing alright. We should be focusing on the investigation, not my own problems," I said with a sigh as I avoided Makoto's gaze.

"Well, I'm your friend, aren't I? We should look out for one another," Makoto said with a small smile and I couldn't help but smile as well. Even through these difficult times, he always seemed to know how to put a smile on my face.

"Heh. You're always so positive," I said to him as I finally looked at him. "Fine. Something has been bothering me."

"What is it?" Makoto asked with a furrowed brow and I exhaled deeply to try and think of what to tell him.

Should I really tell him about last night? Could I really trust him with that detail? Maybe I could come up with an excuse as of why I'm not checking the body....

"It's just... Seeing Fujisaki dead is a little disturbing to me," I said as I gazed passed Makoto and towards Chihiro's suspended body in the air.

"How come?" Makoto asked.

"Since we were close friends. Seeing her lifeless and dead is sad for me to see..." I explained to Makoto as he seemed to be showing a face of grief towards me.

"I understand..." Makoto said and I raised my eyebrows in shock. "When Maizono died. It was difficult for me too. But, I pushed through it. If you care for Fujisaki that much, you should be able to help identify her killer."