8.2

Content Warning: please do not read Chapter 8 Part 2 if you are sensitive to blood/gore. Otherwise, proceed as usual.

Chapter VIII - II: Hello, Welcome and... Goodbye?

Part II

THE THRONE ROOM, VOLTERRA CASTLE. THREE DAYS AFTER. . .

Signorina Isabella Marie Swan was welding herself into Volturi history, whether she liked it or not. Taking over Gianna's obligations as coven secretary and interim spokesperson, she held in her hands the announcement that had over thirty of the coven members watching her with bated breath.

The thrones behind her were currently vacated, and that in itself implied that the documents she beheld were possibly apocalyptic. Ariana, the new understudy, assembled a lectern in front and center of the ornate hall.

When her wristwatch struck 11AM, Bella nodded to herself once and assumed her position on the lectern. Heartbeat calm, breathing even, and brown eyes facing forward, she spoke in a modulated voice.

»»—- ❈ —-««

WHEREAS, Aro Volturi and Sulpicia Viti, and Caius Volturi and Athenodora Volturi, have reached the mutual decision to dissolve their marriages after careful consideration.

WHEREAS, Sulpicia Viti and Athenodora Volturi have been released of all their official obligations to the Coven, and have been granted liberty to pursue independent lives upon settling the matters of shared properties and assets.

WHEREAS, Aro Volturi, Caius Volturi, and Marcus Volturi remain to lead the Coven.

WHEREAS, Mele Giovanco has been discharged from her obligations to the Royal Guard and the Coven after careful deliberation.

WHEREAS, the Masters are confirming the induction of Miss Altheia Beneventi into the Coven, and have decided on the date of her transformation.

SO PROCLAIMED.

We ask that the Coven refrain from engaging in speculative comments on these matters. Pressing concerns arising from this announcement must be directed to the immediate superior of your branch of service.

»»—- ❈ —-««

THE ROYAL GUARD COMMONS, EAST WING, VOLTERRA CASTLE. . .

"Demetri." Heidi marched up to the kingsguard later that day, expression positively murderous.

"Yes?" he looked up from his book.

"What's this I hear about an induction party for the human, and—" she hissed at him. "Why did I have to hear it from Jane of all people?"

"Because I told Jane to tell you." The tracker grinned as he set his book aside, pulling out a bundle of invitations from his coat pocket and handing them over to her. "There. Make sure only those invited will know about it, capisci?"

Heidi almost squealed as she took the invites. "Nobody will miss this party. I can promise you now."

"Great," he muttered, noting the crazed glint in her eyes. "I just need help with everything else to make it happen."

"Consider it done," Heidi murmured distractedly as she scanned the separate guest list. Eyes widening at the names at the bottom of the list, she sent him a knowing smirk.

"What?" the kingsguard smiled at her, blinking innocently.

"You," Heidi tutted, smile stretching wider. "You're always up to no good."