Chapter One. I'm New

I check my phone to see if my friends have texted me. Of course not though, it doesn't surprise me much. I roll my eyes and get off of my bed, soon I'll be somewhere no one will even recognize me. That will be a relief. I brush my brown hair and pull it into a pony tail before stepping out of my old bedroom.

"Honey?" I hear my mom call.

Taking a deep breath, I step into her room, "Yes?" 

"Take these bags down to the car." She says pointing at the suitcases.

Rolling my eyes, I drag the bags down the hall and out the front door. It's an ugly day, the grey clouds cover the sky making us aware it's going to rain at some point. 

"Hurry up!" My mom yells.

This will be a long ass trip. 

Hi, I'm Mackenzie Jones. The regular story of the girl who moved, but not for the same reasons. My mother has stupid plans and she needed to move in order to do them. It's exhausting, she never truly gave a shit about me anyways. Only how I looked in people's eyes, I never cared. One of the reasons we moved, I was a rebel child, causing trouble. Not all of that is false but she's a huge drama queen. Anyways, we'll be getting onto our flight right about.... now.

"Mackenzie!" Mom squeals.

I continue to walk in my slow pace hoping she'll throw a fit. She huffs as we make our way to our flight. Of course, she had five suitcases with her and me... one. I didn't have a need to have much stuff do to how much we moved. 

"Jones!" I hear her call again.

I sigh as I walk a little faster to see what she wants.

"You're getting on my last nerve." She grumbles.

"Yeah, yeah." I shrug.

"Put the phone down, we're getting on now." She says.

We place our bags and then board the plane. Me and my mother are placed next to a lovely looking woman. She sits in a pink and blue dress with a smile.

"Hello." My mother says using her not-so-popular nice tone.

The lady gives her a small glance before focusing back on the front of the plane. I take my spot by the window and quietly place my headphones on while leaning against the side.

"Sit straight." Is the last thing I hear before my music blocks everything out.

The plane ride continues for hours and hours before I begin to get anxious. More anxious anyway. I stand and kindly scoot by the nice lady, making my way to the bathroom a guy stands there.

"Hey little lady." He says making my stomach turn. 

Gag.

"Move." I say sternly.

"You're a cute one." He says standing closer.

I sock his face making him yelp, "I said move!" 

He quickly moves out of my way letting me into the bathroom. I quickly do my business before getting too claustrophobic. The man has made his way back to his seat I assume when I don't see him, luckily. Scary. No, not for me, for him you fool. He's a total pinhead, thinks he's so tough, that I wouldn't sock him straight in the face. He's wrong, obviously. I take my seat again and listen the the mic cut in.

"We will be landing in California in three hours." 

I groan and toss my head back, why must it be so long? Closing my eyes I drift off into a deep sleep. 

"Mackenzie!" 

I stand then fall back do to the dizziness.

"I should have left you." She scoffs before walking away.

I roll my eyes and make my way off the plane with my luggage.

"I should have left you." I mumble, looking at the back of her head.

Quickly, I walk to a snack shop and grab a bottle of tea and gummies. Walking out I take a drink of my bottle and sit on a bench while my mom tries to get a cab.

"Mackenzie, a little help?" She asks.

I shake my head and continue scrolling through my phone. Stupid pictures and tweets, messages from fake friends. You know what they say, friends close and enemies closer.

Hey - Me

Hi, it's nice to hear from you! - Brittany

You too! - Me

I lie.

Gotta go, but text you later - Brittany

And so do they.

I turn off my phone and notice when my mother has finally got a cab. Putting my suitcase in the trunk I hop in the back seat.

"Where to?" The driver asks.

My mom gives the address and we begin to move. Sighing, I turn my music back on and watch out the window at the passing buildings. 

"Mackenzie, you better be grateful." Mother continues.

I roll my eyes at her barely heard words, she's annoying. Her mouth keeps moving but I hear nothing, it's a blessing. She pulls my head phones off of my ears.

"Listen to me!" She whines.

"Oh my god! shut up for one minute! I've heard it so many times! Just shush!" I snap.

She stares at me blankly and then looks away. Hopefully she's descent enough to know that I am more than right. I pull my head phones back over my ears and play my music again.

When we get there the house it two stories and it's nice looking. The neighborhood is quiet and cleaned up, which is good. Hopefully here, I won't have a problem with sleeping. When we bring in our bags I quickly choose the only room upstairs and plop onto the bed.

"Yes!" I squeal.

"Mackenzie get down here!" Mother yells.

I take a glance at the door before placing my head back down. There's no chance I'm getting up right now, I close my eyes and drift off again. Tomorrow was going to be long too. 

***

Hey guys! Won't be doing this every chapter but I just wanted to make sure you guys FOLLOW, COMMENT, and VOTE. I love all of my readers and their feedback! <3