Chapter Two. School Day

"Mackenzie!" I hear my mom call downstairs.

"Yes?" I ask leaning over the balcony.

"We have to get the boxes unpacked, they came last night." She says smiling.

I make my way downstairs not bothering to hide how excited I am. To see my stuff in this new room will make me feel better. The box with my name makes me happy knowing it got here safely. My mom smiles at me before giving me the box.

"Thank you." I say hugging it.

She hums in response before I walk up to my room again. The stairs are polishes but something tells me it won't last long. I unpack my box, setting books on the shelves and trinkets on the stands.

"Mom?" I ask.

"Yes?" She asks.

"Could you help me hang these up?" I ask holding my sting lights.

"Give me a minute." She calls.

I wait until she walks in with a smile, putting my hair up into a messy bun, we begin.

"It looks beautiful." She says.

"I know." I tease while crossing my arms.

She rolls her eyes and walks out of my room. Plopping onto the bed with my blankets, it makes me feel warm. 

"Want some dinner?" She asks.

"Sure, what is it?" I ask.

"We can order pizza." She says making me smile.

I rush out my room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Pizza it is." She says picking up her phone.

I wait for it to arrive before I see it out side the window. Opening the door I rush out to the car that's parked in the front. The guy hadn't even got out of the car before I made it there.

"Oh... here you go?" He says with a smile..

"Thanks." I says happily grabbing the box.

I turn to see a guy in the neighbors window but only for a second. Not thinking anything of it I shrug and walk to my mom.

"I can smell it!" I hear my mom call.

I laugh while opening the box and taking a piece.

"It's good." I say with a mouthful.

"Yep." She confirms with her own.

I smile while chewing and watching the TV in the living room. Getting everything set up, I already like this home. I know I can't get attached, soon enough we'd move again. After a long night of talking, eating, and watching TV I went to sleep peacefully. I was grateful my mother didn't pick an argument tonight. We both could use a good time anyways. 

"Mackenzie wake up!" Mother yells.

I groan and roll out of bed, why did school have to be today? Why was I even going today? I choose a red spaghetti strap with jeans and a flannel. 

"That's..." She trails off.

"It's cute." I correct.

She leaves with a smile as I put my hair up into two buns. I spay some perfume on before walking down stairs to put on my vans.

"Are you going to eat breakfast?" Mom asks.

"No." I shake my head, "I never do."

She shrugs reminding me she doesn't know me. I tighten my laces and stare at my mother.

"Is the car here?" I ask.

"Yeah, just got here." She says nodding.

I walk out with the keys and get into the car. It still smelt new and I liked that, something about new things. My phone buzzes in my pocket making me check it.

Good bye - Mother

I turn my phone off and pull out of the driveway. There was nothing to worry about dealing with school, being new never bothered me. It was something that came with not giving a shit what people thought about me. 

When I walk through the front doors I make my way to the office.

"Mackenzie?" I ask.

"Yes, you're schedule is right here." The girl hands me a paper.

I examine the list of classes and teachers until feeling a finger tap my shoulder.

"Hello Ms. Jones." The man says.

"Hi." I say. He's the principle.

"I don't know where your tour-" He begins before something catches his eye.

"Actually there he is!" He says pointing.

I turn to see a tall boy with brown hair and green eyes staring at us. He wore all black and had some visible tattoos. 

"Nope." Is all he says before leaving.

The principle frowns before straightening his back again.

"I'm sorry, he's just-"

"It's okay." I assure.

"Well, do you think you'll be fine by yourself?" He asks.

I scoff, "I always am." I say turning.

Walking out of the office I bump into someone.

"Watch it." 

"Get over yourself." I say continuing to walk.

"Excuse me?" The guy scoffs.

"I said, get over yourself!" I snap and turn.

It's the same guy who was supposed to tour me. I burst out laughing at his tall figure, the way he stands and tries to look tough.

"What're you laughing at?" He asks.

"You of course, dick." I say crossing my arms.

"Is this because I won't show you around?" he asks.

"Ha-ha you're not worth my time." I say, "Besides I'm not like the whores here, I don't get pushed around." 

"Whatever." He scoffs.

I look at him and turn to see the principle.

"Oh...." My eyes are wide.

"In my office. both of you." He says.

We both follow him while taking glances at each other.

 "So.... Daniel." He says staring at him.

So that's his name.

"You'r respect for our new student is not tolerable." He says.

"I don't need him to be nice to me Mr...." I trail off not knowing his name.

"Jolts." He says nodding.

"Mr. Jolts." I say.

Daniel sighs while shifting in his seat. 

"We encourage our students to be on their best behavior." He explains.

I nod, not giving a shit, Daniel is obviously an ass. 

"Okay. we're done here." I say standing.

"Could I at least give Mr. Carson your contact?" He asks.

I sigh and look at Daniel who's staring at me intensely. 

"Sure." I sigh before walking out and heading to my first class.