Chapter Seven. Stay Away

When I pull up into my driveway I see an other car parked in Daniel's driveway.

Who is here? - Me

Someone - Danny Boy

Who? - Me

My friend - Danny Boy

I'm coming in so if it's a girl be prepared - Me

 I turn off my phone and walk through the door to see Daniel sitting on the couch with a tall guy.

"Hi." I say.

"Hello beautiful." The guys says smiling.

"Hey Mac." Danny says.

I never thought I'd say I missed him calling me princess.

"Who'a your friend?" The guy asks.

"Mackenzie this is Paul." Daniel says.

I nod with a smile while drinking a glass of water.

"Where'd you go anyways?" Danny asks.

"School where else?" I say crossing my arms.

He rolls his eyes and continues to talk with Paul. I never liked blonde boys, they were too cocky, more than Danny. That's saying something. Paul stands and walks to me.

"So... how're you?" He asks.

Danny makes his way to us, "Dude-"

"It's okay, I'm just talking to her." He assures.

"Paul, he's jealous." I say.

"Fine! Mac you're not even worth my time!" He yells.

I roll my eyes and walk up to my room. Hearing his loud footsteps make their way to my door leaves me waiting for a knock.

"Paul is gone." He says.

I open the door, "Go away." 

"Fine." He turns but I grab his arm.

"What?" He asks looking at my grip.

"Admit it." I say.

"No, now let go before I do something I regret." He say sternly.

I let go and turn my back as he walks away. He wouldn't physically hurt me, so what was that about? I sigh and jump onto my bed. Day number two of stupidity and yelling, I close my eyes and begin to sleep.

"Mac." There's a knock on the door making me wake up.

"Huh?" I ask sitting up.

The door swings open making me jump.

"I said huh, not come in!" I yell.

He crosses his arms over his chest, "Do I care?" 

"I never said that Danny boy." I say.

He rolls his eyes, "Stop calling me that."

I shake my head wondering why he's being a bigger ass than earlier. He's too moody for me too handle anymore.

"I'm done." I say standing.

"What?" He asks.

"I'm tired of you switching moods so suddenly." I snap, "So I'm going home."

"How?" He asks, "You can't get in." 

I laugh while walking down the stairs.

"I'll be back for my stuff later." I say walking out the door.

"Whatever!" I hear him call.

I walk around the fence and grab the latter that sits against ours. See, every time we move I always have a way of getting in without a key. I jump and grab the roof's rim before pulling myself up to my window. 

"What're you doing!?" Daniel asks.

I look back to see him through the window. That's his room! No, so when I change.... No! Ignoring him I open my window and crawl through. 

"You're secretly a parkour professional aren't you?" He asks jokingly.

I don't return his laugh do to my annoyance he's caused me. Closing the window, I do the same with my curtains. Thinking about when I had them open bothers me, he could see me. I pull out my phone and text my mother.

Hey, I'm at home - Me

Again? What's wrong with Daniel? - Mom

He's an ass - Me

Give him a chance - Mom

Whatever - Me

I turn my phone off while rolling my eyes. 'Give him a chance' How about no? 

Hey? - Ass

What do you want? - Me

Just to apologize - Ass

Miss me? - Me

No, but I know you do - Ass

Whatever - Me

Just come over - Ass

Fine - Me

I huff and open my window again to see him in the window. He smiles at me but I still ignore it, I hop off the roof landing with a thud. I walk through the door to see him smiling in front of me.

"One." I warn.

He holds his hands up surrendering with a smile.

"Why are you such an ass?" I ask.

"You'll learn." He says.

I make my way to the kitchen and sit at the table.

"I'm sorry." He says. 

"You're sorry? For being an ass? or for being an ass?" I ask standing.

"Okay!" He yells, "Yes!"

"Well, I'd like for you to stay away from me." I say crossing my arms.

"How the hell is that going to happen?" He asks.

"How hard is it?" I ask.

"Really hard." He mumbles before looking up with wide eyes, "For.... living together!"

"Yeah." I sigh, "Just as much as possible." 

I walk past him and up to the spare room, boy I'm glad I didn't bring my stuff  back to my house.  That would be a hassle. Good night Danny boy.