Chapter Four. Babysitting Two

"You won't have to worry too long anyway." I say leaning back.

"I'm all for it but why?" He asks.

"Well... it's a one time thing and I'll probably be moving soon." I say shrugging.

"Again? Why so soon?" He asks.

"Aw miss me already?" I tease.

He rolls his eyes but I answer truthfully, "Because of my mom."

He nods but leaves it at that. Eventually he leave me with a sleeping Ellie and I make her some lunch. 

"Mac?" Ellie asks.

"Yes sweety?" I ask.

"Can you come over tomorrow?" She asks.

"Oh. Honey I can't but maybe some other time." I lie.

If I told her I'd probably never see her again, it would make her sad. That's the last thing I need right now. She frowns and goes back into her room.

"Keep the door open Ellie." I say nicely.

She does as I say, so I can see her on the floor playing. Most of the time I can't handle kids, they get on my nerves. Ellie is really easy to deal with and she's nice.  

"Hey Ellie? want to call mommy?" I ask.

She nods with a smile, "Okay, here you go."

"Hi mommy." 

I leave and wait for her to be done talking.

"Put it on speaker Ellie." I say.

She smiles and pushes the button.

"Hi Mrs. Carson." I say.

"Hi! how's Elizabeth?" She asks.

"Good, she's ate and took a nap." I say.

"Great, thank you." She says, "You up for the weekends?"

Oh no. 

"Um... could it be every other?" I ask.

"Of course! I have to go now." She says.

"Okay say bye Ellie." I say looking at her.

"Bye!"

I end the call and slip my phone into my pocket.

"Is your brother nice to you?" I ask.

"Yeah! I love him!" She cheers.

I laugh while leaning back.

"Do you like him?" She asks.

"Not really sweety."  I say shaking my head.

"Is he mean to you?" She asks.

Boy this kid is smart.

"Well, he isn't always nice." I say.

She continues to play leaving the room quiet. 

"Lizzy!" 

"Yeah?" Ellie asks.

Daniel walks in and stares at me making me shutter. His gaze is so intense, my eyes blend with his.

"Do you want to go get ice cream?" He asks.

"What? no, I'm watching her Danny!" I say standing.

"I'm her brother and I guess you can come with." He grumbles.

"Fine." I give in and take Ellie's hand.

Danny picks her up but Ellie holds onto my hand. His shoulder brushes my hand making me shiver and pull it away quickly.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing." I lie pulling out my phone.

We walk down the street do to the ice cream shop being close. It's a hot day so ice cream is perfect.

"Which do you want Lizzy?" Daniel asks.

Ellie points to the chocolate one in the window.

"Okay chocolate and vanilla cones." He tells the guy.

He gets to work and it's my turn to order since some one is an ass.

"Strawberry." I say without a smile.

He nods and begins, I walk over to Danny and Ellie sitting at a table.

"Is it good El?" I ask.

She nods while licking it, "Good."

"Mine is too Sunshine." He says smirking.

I roll my eyes and turn back to grab my cone that was just called. I sit in the corner and begin to lick it.

Daniel's POV

I sit and eat my cone while watching Mac eat hers. Wow. I wish she'd stop doing that. When she glances at me I look away and tickle Lizzy.

"We're going home after this." Mac says.

"Fine." I sigh.

We finish our cones and walk back home to put Lizzy down for a nap.

"Sleep Ellie and mommy will be here when you wake up." Mac says crouching beside her.

I roll my eyes and lean in the doorway. Mac kisses her forehead then walks toward me.

"Where's mine?" I ask.

"Move." She says sternly. 

I chuckle before she pushes past me. Wow. She is kind of tough, got to give her that.

"Bye Danny." She calls.

I'm getting used to that stupid name, "Bye Sunshine."

I plop on the couch and click on the TV. It's funny that she thinks this was a one time thing, my mom has tricks. Besides I know she likes Lizzy, and me. Even when she's gone I'm cocky, I hate her. 

"I'm home!" Mom calls.

"I'm going to bed." I say standing.

She nods before I rush off to my room and throw myself onto my bed. Standing, I look out my window that's face to their house. I can see Mac sitting at her desk before standing and taking off her shirt. Damn. A shiver runs down my spine.

"Honey?" Mom asks making me move from the window.

"Ye-Yeah?" I stutter.

"Thank you for being nice." She says.

"I wasn't but okay." I say shrugging.

I look back through my window but her curtains are closed. Her room was neat and not very decorated but I like it. I guess.

"Get up!" Mom yells.

I groan and slip my shirt over my head before standing. Pulling on a pair of jeans I put my converse on after, then head downstairs. 

"You're up." Mom says proudly.

"Yeah, so?" I grumble.

She doesn't answer, instead she walks away in silence. I pour myself a cup of coffee and drink it down before heading out. Looking over, I see Mac walking from her front door. She's wearing a red t-shirt with black shorts. She looks hot. I quickly get into my car and pull out of the driveway so I'm in front of her. She honks making me laugh at myself and flip her off through the window. School is going to be fun.