Chapter Five. But Damn

"Hey Princess." Daniel says wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"What happened to sunshine?" I I tease.

"I like princess better." He says shrugging.

His cold rings brush my bare arm making me shiver.

"Don't you want to move your arm because people will think you're actually committing to a relationship?" I ask.

"What? I'm not a player." He says.

"Really? Thought you'd be." I say laughing.

"Why? Because I have the looks?" He asks cockily.

"No, you got the whole bad boy look." I correct taking his arm off of me.

He rolls his eyes before turning to me, "Okay." He says before turning.

"Bye Danny boy!" I cheer and turn.

Laughing I walk into my classroom where everyone looks at me. All the boys look my up and down and some girls roll their eyes. I take my seat and get my notebook out, someone next to me taps my shoulder.

"Huh?" I ask looking at the girl.

"I'm Tori." She says holding out her hand.

"Mackenzie but you can call me Mac." I say shaking her hand.

"Cool, well Mac hopefully we'll become friends." She says.

I nod and continue with my notes. When the bell rings I walk out and head to my locker.

"Hey princess." 

I close my locker to see Daniel leaning against others.

"What do you want Danny boy?" I ask walking.

"Just to bother you." He says.

I shove him lightly, "Go away." I laugh.

"See ya princess!" He calls.

The day goes by and it's lunchtime so I walk out to the bleachers with nothing to eat. I never eat at school, don't ask why. Leaning against the back one I close my eyes and take in the fresh air.

A whistle blows making me look down at the field. Football guys. I watch as all of them form on the field but one in particular catches my eye. Daniel. He hasn't seen me and I'm grateful, I continue to watch as the play. Laughing at Danny is fun, he always gets the guy back though. Eventually the coach calls it quits and I put my headphones back on and close my eyes. A few minutes go by until there's a tap on my forehead. I take my headphones off and look up at him.

"Stocking me?" He asks sitting down. 

He's sweaty with messy hair and damn those eyes.

"I got here before you." I snap back.

"Right, you weren't admiring me?" He asks.

"In your dreams." I scoff.

He mumbles something I don't catch before standing.

"Why are you here alone?" He asks.

"Is that any of your concern?" I ask.

"Well you babysit my sister." He makes up an excuse.

I roll my eyes and lean forward, "I'm a loner so..."

"Have fun princess." He says walking away.

"Love you too Danny boy!" I yell while laughing.

Daniel's POV

When I get home my aunt is sitting on the couch with who I assume is Mac's mom. They are like twins just Mac is way better looking. I sit in front of them as they smile at me.

"What's up?" I ask.

"We're going on a business trip for a few days and Mac will be staying here." My mom explains.

"What?" I stand, "No!" I whine.

"Get over it, be nice." Mom scolds.

"I don't want to have two girls in the house." I groan.

"You already do, it's just going to be different." Mom says, "Besides we're bringing your sister."

"What? Take me then." I say.

She shakes her head making me storm up to my room. Why the hell did she have to stay here? This is so stupid! We just met, why would she even trust them? 

"Honey." 

"You'll be fine." She says through the door.

I ignore her and bury my head in my pillows while closing my eyes. Groaning, I cover up and drift off in sleep, not caring that I didn't even change. 

"Daniel." Mom knocks on the door waking me up.

"Hm?" I hum.

"You can stay home from school today so you can get used to it." She says.

"Why would I want to stay here with her?" I ask.

"Just do it." She says.

I roll my eyes and begin to get dressed. Slipping on my shirt I look out my window to hers, of course she's getting dressed. I only catch a glimpse of her body before she walks out of her room. I know I shouldn't do that but damn it's hard. 

I walk downstairs to see them standing in the living room. Here we go. Mac talks to my mom while playing with Lizzy. She looks beautiful, her hair's in a messy bun. The way her blue shirt hugs her makes me dizzy. She's wearing a skirt of course, it's like she wants to tease me. Bitch.

"Hey Danny boy!" She cheers.

"Hey." I grumble.

"Be nice." Mom whispers in my ear.

I nod and walk into the kitchen. Officially tarting today, I eat breakfast. Let the games begin.