Chapter Nine. My Questionable Mistake

"I'm going to go." I say running up stairs.

Pushing my door open, I grab my jacket. I need to get out of here before I snap at myself. In the moment, I thought that I wanted it, but now I just think it was a mistake. The guys are talking downstairs, I walk down and they stop. I look at both of them before rushing past them and out the door. This is the worst thing I could have done right now, I can't even be with him. I'll be moving soon do to my mom, even though she hasn't said it. Does he even like me? Oh my god, he's probably just using me. Groaning as I walk down the stairs, my car tempts me to get in. It's late and I'd rather not be kidnapped tonight. 

As I get into the seat, the warmth consumes me, relieving my aching muscles. I lay my head against the stirring wheel, not bothering to even start the car. Rain begins to fall making noise on the windows. Being able to only here the rain soothes me. I was never one of those people who didn't like rain, I love it in fact. Closing my eyes, I curl up in my seat and cover myself with my jacket. This is all I need, Daniel won't find me, that's what I want

I stretch as the sun shines in my eyes, forcing my them to open. Sitting up, I glance out the car window. Daniel's car is still here, great. It's school, why wouldn't he go? My back feels like it's being stabbed. I wince as I grab my jacket and phone before hopping out of the car. My phone has multiple notifications, they're all from Daniel. Clicking my phone off I open the front door and walk in, freezing. Daniel looks up to me, he's sitting on the stairs with his arms rested over his knees. 

"Where were you?" He asks quietly.

"None of your business." I snap.

"Yes, it is, I worry." He says standing.

"I don't care, I'm fine." I walk up the stairs past him.

"Where were you?" He asks.

At this point I just want to make him feel bad, "A guys house." 

The last words that left my mouth could've been better, but I left to the spare room. Crawling onto the bed, I hear Daniel stomping through the hall. He worries? The words replay in my mind until the door opens.

"Mac!" He yells.

I sit up calmly, "What?" 

"Please say you're lying." He says, looking vulnerable? That's new.

I pause to think about my next words, "Why?" 

He searches my face, "Just...."

"I'm taking a shower." I say simply and push him out of my room.

I hate the way I'm thinking, the way his lips fit with mine so perfectly. He's so gentle, yet harsh and passionate. I begged my brain to stop thinking of him but I couldn't, there was no use. I slip my clothes off and step into the hot water that's pouring from the shower head. As the water washes over me, my back feels better and my mind is blank. 

Wrapping the towel around me, I walk into my bedroom. It's cold now, the room is lit by the sun shining through the curtains. 

"Mac?" 

I turn to my door where the voice is coming from.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm sorry." He says.

He sorry? "Sorry for kissing me? or for letting me go?" I ask.

His foot steps fade letting me know he left. I get dressed into a black tank top with a red and black flannel. Pulling out a pair of black ribbed jeans, I decide to wear my regular ones. Sitting, I slip on my black vans then head downstairs. Daniel sits at the kitchen table with a bowl of cereal. Walking past him, I pull out a pan and an egg. 

"For not listening." He says suddenly.

I turn to him, "What?" I ask.

"You told me to stay away, I didn't listen." He says.

"Leave it." I say blankly, "Forget about it." 

He mumbles something before walking off.

Daniel's POV

"Leave it." She says, "Forget about it."

"I can't" I mumble to myself.

Walking into the living room tension still floats through the house. If my mother and her's wouldn't have left, we wouldn't be here. As much as I wanted to respect her demands, I couldn't.