Chapter 8 (My Story)

Asalamu Alaikum
Good Evening dearies!
I miss you all💞
May Allah bless you 💞
Let's see what we've today!

Baby❤️

**********************************************
Laylah's Pov

Laylah Muhammad Karim is my name. I live in Kano happily with my parents . Ammah, and Abba. We lived in a very comfy but not too little house in Sardauna Crescent. My father is a very nice and jovial man to us and the people around. I attended Crescent international school Where I finished my secondary school last year at the age of 16. And I'm not yet enrolled in any University yet. There's one thing about my family that I'm not sure about, everyday things become more suspicious and hidden.

    Suddenly, my father fall sick and it's very critical! My Ammah tried all she could effortlessly. But Allah took his beautiful soul back. We mourned and mourned until our teary glands produce no more tears. After the sad days, we finally move on. Suddenly things started going out of hand!

     Everything became so unreal and devastated. The family of my paternal father started coming on and off in the name of taking what belongs to them. They keep claiming there's something we hid which I don't know. All I know is the little inheritance my father left was given to them all. And after that they took his belongings, clothes, accessories, and even some of our clothes claiming to be theirs but my mother didn't say anything. All she do is look at them and shook her head in disappointment! All she say is " Take all you want. Is all yours."

     My mother sat me down one night and told me everything about my dad! She said my dad is a very rich man but decided to keep it low and unnoticed by the people of our society. She also told me about his heartless elder brother Abdul-Manaf. Which I never see though. He only want to take all the treasuries and funds my father own. Which happens to be what my father inherited from his late father

     (My Grandfather) Abdul-Karim Shafi'i Al sideeq.
The hatred between my Abba and his brother all began when their father died. Before he died, he renounce all his powers and hidden treasures to his younger son rather than the elder one. To some reasons which was kept hidden.

    But people often say, His brother Abdul-Manaf is very arrogant and selfish. And they also say Abdul-Karim loves my Abba so much and he's his favorite son. Because they're the only children's he have. So this is the reason why their father didn't trust Abdul-Manaf with his funds.

      I asked her "Ammah?" She answered "Uhm Laylah?" Where are the treasures now? Can't we just give it to them and be free from all this problems?"
She hold my hand and said " My dear, your father may have it all, but believe me I don't know where he kept it and he didn't tell me it's whereabouts. And your uncles will never believe.

   The next morning we leave for Abuja . Where my mother's family is. Actually my mother isn't a Nigerian. She's a half cast. A Lebanese indeed. So all her relatives aren't here but her uncle's daughter is married here in Nigeria too. Aunty Fatima and her daughter Halimah. Her husband passed away too 2years ago. They're still planning on moving out too but I don't know what is keeping them So long. We moved there and started leaving happily with them.

A day before my smile fade, I woke up in the morning to find my Amma looking at me with deep emotions I can't read and her eyes are tearing up.

  And when I called "Ammah?" She hugged me tight and started breaking down! This is also a day I marked as a sad day in my life. I've never seen my Ammah cry even ones. I only see her this sad when I was sick 3years back. I am a pneumatic patient and my condition was critical back then! So she thought she's going to loose me so her eyes wailed up with tears but the tears didn't fall when my father console her and she masked it up. I was beyond surprised when I see her breakdown in my arms! My own Ammah!