Chapter 20 ( Eloquence )

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah.

**********************************************

Third persons POV

Flashback

"Please Laylah let's check your result manah. When are you planning to open it then. It has been one week now but you never want to do so. All your colleagues have seen theirs the day after. Please Laylah. Just tell me your exam no. I'll check it in no time.!" Sadiq plead. But she never seems to give in soon. She's scared of the result outcome. She really don't want to fail! But the question is 'When will she check the results?'

"Look, I don't want to check it and that's fine. And don't even think I'm going to give you my Exams no. Like am I mad? How will I even start? After all I know you'll start checking for my results each year? I don't want to do so." She pouted tilting her head sideways.

"Okay! I promise, even if your result isn't good, I'll not take you back to Nigeria and I'll help you through all your errors okay? Is not that you'll be withdrawn out of the school. It'll be a carry over and if you didn't make it up, I'll help you. And Insha Allah none of this is going to happen okay?" He plead forming his best worried face.

"Ooookay!! Chill! I'll do it myself, or I'll type in the exam no. And you check it then tell me after you see the result. And if the result isn't positive, don't even try telling me please!" She said not really sure.

"Okay, okay, Noted. Now type in the Exam no. And I'll go to the sitting room and check it. Okay?" He asked.

"Just go before I change my mind" she typed the pin and gave it to him looking sad.

He walked to the sitting room logging into the portal with her credentials. Just then the wide page appeared with her name written boldly

Laylah Muhammad Abdul-Karim

Your 2019 exams score is......

Before he could even finish reading it he squealed and run to her room but to his dismay,  he didn't see her in the room. "Where are you?" He asked.

"Just tell me I didn't pass and just get out!" She shout from toilet sounding fume.

He smiled at her anxious self and said . "Just come out before I do something we'll all regret Laylah." He said trying to make her scared.

She immediately give in and walked out of the toilet looking at her foot and scratching her hand elbow. (Something she do when nervous)

He engulfed her in a tight hug that you can say he'll break her ribcage. He twirled her around the room happily and she just stood there shocked and zoned out not knowing what to do. Seeing him do something like this is very odd and surprising. She chant 'ikon Allah' under her breath and release a sigh. "Put me down Sadiq! Have you lost it? What are you doing?" She almost yell at him before he come back to his senses realizing what he has done.

He scratch the back of his neck and break the news to her.

"You pass your exams with the highest score babe!!!!" He shouted!! She almost close her ears because of the loud sound.

"OMG! Are you serious? Please don't joke with me rn. Is not the right time please Sadiq." She plead hoping he'll not say the opposite.