Chapter 24 ( Third Family )

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah!

Baby❤️
********************************************

Maryam's POV

   He pecked my cheeks so sweetly and deeply. Even after the peck, I can still feel his wet lips on my red cheeks! I froze thinking of what exactly to do or act.

  Why is he acting so differently? Is it because he's Arab? I know they've that very culture of pecking and hugging their mahraams but I don't know of the Non-Mahraams. I think is forbidden right? So why is he being all cheeky with me? Besides, this is the first day he's seeing me. Well I don't know.

  Sarah's Mum: "Imaad habibi?" She called.

  Imaad: "Uhm Ummi." He answered.

  Sarah's mum: "I don't think you should be doing  those cheeky gestures with Laylah. You only do it to your Mahraams okay? And I can see she isn't okay with it."

   Imaad: "okay ummi Insha Allah but did she say is irritating? Layl am I irking you?" He asked looking at me. God! He don't expect me to answer this question right? So I kept mute looking at my plate.

"Ummi you see? I'm not at all irking her I'll just stop it because she's not my Mahraam." He said in affirmation.

  Sarah's Mum: "You shouldn't anyway." She finally said and chapter closed.

     Sarah: "You know laylah, this is how my brother is. He wasn't born here in Nigeria, he was born in Egypt and all his life, he grew up there. He stayed with my aunty, My father's sister Inayah. He started working as a doctor here in Poland before he built his private hospital. So my father is also having some activities here so that's why he got us this house. So Imaad insist I should study here too since he's alone and have no company. When I first came, he's acting just the way he's and it was real hard for me to adopt this habit of his. And later on I became okay."

   Imaad: "Whole bunch of story who asked you?" He sighed.

  Sarah's mum: "Is good that she narrated everything atleast she'll get to know you too. And besides, isn't she her Bestfriend?"

  Sarah: "She's my Bestfriend Ummi and besides, he's even the one that made me narrate the whole story."
She said gawking at him.

  Imaad: "You're so talkative and annoying you know right? A girl shouldn't be talkative islamically. A girl should be very shy and modest just like your friend here." He pointed at me and I almost froze.

Sarah: "Mummy you see your son bah, he'll start lecturing me on how I should stop talking ba". She whined.

  Sarah's mum: "Imaad stop disturbing my girl or I'll smack you with this spoon." She punched his well muscled arm playfully. While he only feign hurt in a playful way and we all laugh it off.

  After the lunch chatting and laughing at Sarah and Imaad's tantrums, everyone keep complaining I didn't eat anything. I wish I could eat to my heart content too. The food is very mouth watering but I just couldn't do that in front of everyone.  So I just manage to shrug it off saying I'm not hungry.

  We head back to Sarah's room and prayed asr. She keeps telling me more about her family which is more of Imaad. They've a very beautiful family I can say and they're happy. How I wish I have a beautiful family too.

    "I'll miss you Layl!" She called me with the name Imaad does and I just didn't like it.

  "Don't call me with that name!" We both manage to say it together. How did he know what I was going to say? I didn't even see him coming behind me. Ground open and swallow me please!!!! Sarah flashed us a surprised look demanding explanation she will never get from both of us I can say because we're all dumbstruck now.